Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Everyone,

I have a 1994 Shadow 1100VT and want to put a bullet style fairing on this bike and was wondering if anyone on here has advice on the following:

1. Memphis Shades bullet Fairing, is there any customization with regard to mounting this to my bike? I spoke with them and they informed me that their mounting kits are made specifically for each bike. HAs anyone taken one of these and customized a mount for it?

2. Any other options for the bullet style fairings for this bike? I really love the look and would finish my bike perfectly.

Thanks for your help in advance.

David

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
What is wrong with the "regular" mounting of it???!!!
I erased your waving smilie because it is large and obnoxious. In your opinion, what is regular mounting for a bullet fairing? It is a bike specific kit, so there could be dozens of differences. I can take a shot at a list of possibilities if you wish.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I erased your waving smilie because it is large and obnoxious.
No joke! Those things are ridiculous. I wish he would stop putting them on every single meaningless post.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Smilies aside...

There are always options. MS is going to be the most likely resource for your fairing. Next, you'll have to figure out what is different between your bike & the 2000+ bikes where they do offer kits. Maybe there is an inherent problem with installing this on your bike? Maybe you'll have MUCH more work than you expect? Maybe some bizarre HD Sportster mount from 1988 will work just fine?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bullet Fairing

I guess what I am trying to figure out is, how much customization there will be when I hook up the fairing.....

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Twice as much as you count on, going into the project....and three times as much customization as the law should allow.

Is my prediction. Just sayin'.

BUT....based on your first post, you, Sir, are already committed to this bullet fairing plan of action.
Anything less? will disgust you, just short of skin-crawling.
Compromise is dark code for: I settled for LESS.

I salute you.

Less than a month from now, you will be our new resident expert at What It Takes To Make That Sucker Rock.

At that point, we all salute you.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
perhaps you might start by first measuring your bikes clearances as to space between forks then space between triple tree holds. once you know those look at actual bikes that are close to the 1100t, like the 750 and the 1300. often there is not much difference. that would help on mounting the hardware. the next thing is will the fairing clear your gear?? like head light, blinkers, etc. again if you can see the fairing on one of the bikes similar to yours then you hav a good reference. mods are mods... i'll bet you will figure out any tight corners with a personal flair... like they say, "make it yours!" good luck

·
Registered
11,523 Posts
I'm not mean just truthfull. The poster was trying to agrivate people on purpose and I just pointed that out. He hasn't been on here in 5 days and it's been nice and peaceful.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'm not mean just truthfull. The poster was trying to agrivate people on purpose and I just pointed that out. He hasn't been on here in 5 days and it's been nice and peaceful.
hhmmm, i hadn't noticed. however J, if he is out to get yer goat... he now knows he got it!! by the way J, there are but a few on this forum that give the quality information that you have provided for general maintenance and repairs, so thanks for that.
peace...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts