Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Just curious, but why aftermarket? They're just rubber grommets, sorta... They shouldn't be THAT much from the dealer. (of course I haven't priced them...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checking for my nieghbors son. I have a X and the bushings on the rear shocks are crap. Alot of riders change shocks to progressive or upgrade the bushings. He bought this bike with 9000 miles. Very nice but bushings are way off center(worn out).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with the stock bushing quality. I've been going to order a set for my 1100 Spirit but have been hoping to find something that will last longer. The stock bushings list for $3.36 each, which is cheap enough to change often but why, if you can find something that lasts.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you have access to a machine shop have them make you brass bushings. Bushings are easy to make....just turn the stock to the right O.D. and drill the right I.D. hole. You may even be able to measure your parts and find something that is a close match at an industrial supply house, a good hardware store, or online at MSC, McMaster-Carr, or such catalog companies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts