Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy an armored nylon jacket off ebay and am not sure what size to get. Its between an XL and XXL. The manufacturer is Powertrip.

Are these jackets usually cut smaller or bigger than normal? I ask, because i am kind of in between sizes and not sure which direction to go.

·
Registered
336 Posts
NewEnough.com sells Powertrip jackets. Look and see if they carry this particular one. They usually have very good write-ups and tell you if the jacket runs small or large.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you.

Now i am finding that some are listing it as 'breathable hitena satin outer' and others listing it as '650 hitena heavy nylon'. Is this the same thing just different descriptions? Looks like each are using copy/paste from each other. Now i dont know what material it really is lol. What a pain this is becoming.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought the PowerTrip OCC flame jacket (in red) for the girl. I believe it's pretty much the same jacket as far as construction. It has a zippered fleece liner, underneath that is a sewn-in mesh liner, then the outer nylon shell. I wouldn't consider it "breathable" unless they mean opening the vents.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey I have that jacket........Really like it cause it makes me look so cool. :wink:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it figured out. There is a satin breathable version (with a collar and i think no zipper vents) and a 650 heavy nylon version (no collar and zippered vents, angled arms). Got myself the heavy nylon version, different style though as they didnt have the black/white flame one in a hardtail/heavy nylon. 38 bucks lol, cant beat that. I love closeout pricing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Aero98 said:
I like em but do they sell them without the adverstising ?
I think the reason they're so cheap is because of the advertising. They didn't sell well, especially because they originally were around $200. They weren't worth anything close to that. The OP paid $38. The one I bought for my girl was $10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts