Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there folks. For years I've had (and used the odd time) Canadian Tire Auto Club Roadside Assistance for my Saturn Vue.

Well, since getting the Ace Tourer last year, I'm thinking of a few more road trips on the bike. Nothing huge (at least not this year) but long enough-up around Lake Huron, travelling within Ontario etc. Weekend getaways sort of thing.

I had a friend recommend C.A.A. Plus because it also covers motorcycles as well as when you're in your vehicle (covers the driver instead of the vehicle like crappy tire).
Anybody using it? Had any experience with it? Would recommend it? The cost is close to the same for either.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I have triple A here in Mass for our cars but I don't think it covers the Bike. Does anyone know if Triple A has motorcycle coverage ?? Thanks :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have had CAA plus for years but have not needed it on the bike fingers crossed.
All it takes is one tow to make it worth it.
But have used it to get tow to garage when truck alternator failed and boost when had a bad battery.
Like most insurance I have it but hope I never need it.

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
4,003 Posts
I have been a member since 1991. There are a few features I really enjoy:

1. I have multiple cars/bikes and they are all covered.
2. Anyone's car I am in is covered. GF had a flat tire. Covered. I met a guy at a gas station while I was getting gas. He had a flat. Covered.
3. If you run out of gas they will bring 10L I did this once.
4. I drank a bit too much called CAA and they hauled me and bike home about 50 km.
5. Towing to where you want up to 160 km (100 miles).
6. If you get a flat and your trip is interrupted they will reimburse up to $500 expenses (motel, food, etc). I used this in Texas.
7. The longest I had to wait was about 1 hour but usually just half an hour.

G.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
I have triple A here in Mass for our cars but I don't think it covers the Bike. Does anyone know if Triple A has motorcycle coverage ?? Thanks :)

BD. AAA has coverage. Upgrade to AAA R/V. Saved my but once on the bike.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I have it but I haven't had to use it. *knocks on wood* If it's just a bit more then it would be worth it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Have had it for years, well worth it simply for peace of mind. On top of the coverage it provides, also great travel deals and hotel, car rental, etc discounts. And if you're planning a road trip, in the car or on the bike, the Triptik's are great, as they come printed, in colour and spiral bound.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I have had it and used it. It was great to have. Thinking about getting it again this year, because I have a few bike trips planned.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have CAA Plus and have used it twice in the last four years. Once I thought I had the bike in neutral, as I hopped off and let go of the clutch the bike lurched forward falling on the left side breaking the clutch lever. On a flatbed and taken home.

The other time the bike wouldn't start, turned out to be the fuel pump had failed so on a flatbed into the dealer.

As others have mentioned, peace of mind is nice. Bike dealers aren't as close as a garage might be if you have problem with a car so I like the peace of mind knowing I can call and if it's too far too home I can at least get to a dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 2014 phantom new last year at a Honda dealer. Less than a month old and the bike died. Honda would not tow it for free, so I called CAA and no problems! The CAA guys where great to deal with and it was only about 1/2 hour for them to show with a flat bed truck.

Bruce

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts