Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to the forum, always looking for folks to ride with. Evenings out to Bragg or Cochrane, Canmore etc. Day ride weekends are great too. Let me know looks like it should be a great summer for once weather wise. ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey, new to the forum, always looking for folks to ride with. Evenings out to Bragg or Cochrane, Canmore etc. Day ride weekends are great too. Let me know looks like it should be a great summer for once weather wise. ?
I'm in Calgary. My august is full though, may be able to do a few rides in September though

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi guys, I picked up an 1100 Spirit a few weeks back so fairly new to this forum, Im 1/2 hr ne of Calgary on the #9 that runs up to Drumheller.
Cool!! I ride to Drum every once and a while! Let me know if you want to go for a ride. Congrats on your new bike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ive been wanting to check out a bike/gun shop in Drum for a few weeks but sht keeps gettin in the way... maybe this weekend tho if the weather holds.

Im 27k from the #1, intersection of #9 and range road 264, if you drive by feel free to stop in, first acreage on east side of 264, about 400yds off #9.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ive been wanting to check out a bike/gun shop in Drum for a few weeks but sht keeps gettin in the way... maybe this weekend tho if the weather holds.

Im 27k from the #1, intersection of #9 and range road 264, if you drive by feel free to stop in, first acreage on east side of 264, about 400yds off #9.
Thanks! My schedule keeps changing so my days off are highly unpredictable but if I come out that way, I'll stop by

·
Registered
36 Posts
I work nights mon-thurs so Im off fri, sat, sun every weekend.

The ride home from work(Balzac) at 2am is starting to get a bit chilly, last night I went from Balzac out to Crossfield, over to Beiseker and then past Irricana, wasnt too cold, but it wasnt warm either, saw a couple deer but they politely waited in the ditch as I past by, which is fairly common with mule deer, they dont often 'appear out of nowhere' like whitetail always seem to.

Today and sat look good weather wise so I'll go for a ride somewhere, maybe Drum or Red Deer, we may not get alot of really warm days for awhile :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
I work nights mon-thurs so Im off fri, sat, sun every weekend.

The ride home from work(Balzac) at 2am is starting to get a bit chilly, last night I went from Balzac out to Crossfield, over to Beiseker and then past Irricana, wasnt too cold, but it wasnt warm either, saw a couple deer but they politely waited in the ditch as I past by, which is fairly common with mule deer, they dont often 'appear out of nowhere' like whitetail always seem to.

Today and sat look good weather wise so I'll go for a ride somewhere, maybe Drum or Red Deer, we may not get alot of really warm days for awhile :(

Yea I hear ya. I'm off today but I have so many errands to run, because I work tomorrow and all next week. I'll definitely be riding to my appointments today though haha.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Went down to plus 1 last night, I wouldnt want to ride too far in that but it wasnt bad for the 20 minute ride home. I have a windscreen and some extra deflectors mounted on the crash bar so that cuts down the wind pretty well. Tonight looks better, only down to 6 so that wont be bad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went for a little ride along the Red Deer River near Drumheller on fri, oct 2, might not get many more nice days this year. Starting at Drum and heading east theres a couple interesting stops, Star mine suspension bridge, the Hoo Doos clay formations, Atlas coal mine.

Couple pics from the day
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wwfnzdcsgcbofoc/AABaJAHaKde4IlkjpGlrsJKva?dl=0

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was out near Drumheller again yesterday, stopped in at Top Rocker Motorcycle Gear and left a few $$$s behind, then went across 11 wooden bridges to get to the Last Chance Saloon, they have a cool collection of antiques and the Canadian Pickers taped an episode there. Was a great day for a ride.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I started the bike yesterday, gonna check fluids and look it over today, want to take the wife to Top Rocker Gear in Drumheller on sunday for her b-day, They open on saturday and have a licence this year so their serving beer and sandwiches as well as selling riding gear.

If you haven't been along the river by Drum its a great daytrip, and if your coming from Calgary you drive right by my place on the #9, shoot me a txt I might join ya. 5878970915

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thursday is Bike Night at TopRocker in Drumheller... burgers and beers, live music.

you can follow them on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/TopRockerMotorcycleGearLtd/

I had to install a new stator in the 1100 last month, and a new speedo cable, then went to Sask a couple weeks ago, 2100km round trip, all good weather, bike ran great, and never ran out of gas;)

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
a belated.... Welcome to the forum Shyla.... I havent been on here for awhile... and havent been on the 1100 since november, it is tempting with the weather weve been getting tho, bud of mine was by on his HD the other day but I was too busy.

Since your in Calgary you should check out the Drumheller area for riding, the valley has several cool places to check out, most notably Top Rockers in Rosedale, a licenced hangout which also sells riding gear, myself and a few friends often go for the thurs Bike Night specials over the summer which should start up again around mid may.... they have a facebook page at... https://www.facebook.com/TopRockerMotorcycleGearLtd/

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thursday Bike Nights are in full swing at Top Rockers in Rosedale Ab, just 5 km east of Drumheller, good food, drinks and live music. Theres tons of bike related activities in the Drumheller area all summer, Motorcycle Madness is coming up July 12/13.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
4 Participants
Lance Skene
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing