Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided to upgrade my Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield to something a little more substantial to get the wind off more of my body. I've narrowed it down to a Memphis Shades Fats and Slim model, but can't really tell which will fit better on my 03 ACE. With the weather being what it is in Boston, I can't get the bike to the dealership to use the template.

If you have a Slim or Fat, please weigh in (no pun intended) on your experiences, especially if you have pics!

Not sure if it matters, I'll also want to put a Cobra lightbar on it in the near future too. Any help is appreciated! Thanks all! Spring can't come soon enough...

· Registered
9,268 Posts
Fats here. No complaints whatsoever. Its 10 years old and still looks new. No buffeting at all.

'02 750 ACE

· Premium Member
7,692 Posts
21" fats here. Blocks more air than the 17" slim that was on it when I bought it. Do a search on the proper way to measure to fit before you pull the trigger though.

· Registered
83 Posts
I've got a Rifle "classic" 20 inch. on my Shadow Spirit. It's just right for my 6ft 4in height.

The Rifle Classic looks (to me at least) about same as Memphis Fats. However Rifle mounts to forks, not handlebars. A clear 20-inch windshield x 22 inches wide including 41mm fork mounting kit cost me $299 plus shipping.

http://rifle.com/Default.aspx

· Registered
2,685 Posts
My Spirit came with a Hondaline. Its the best fit/look ive seen, everything else is a 'universal fit with god awful looks'. Just my .02.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought Memphis Shade windshields mounted to the forks too?

I guess I'm worried the Fats would look too disproportionate to the bike...anyone got pics of their setup too? Something to compare visually between the Fats and Slim...

Thanks all for the replies so far too!

· Registered
26 Posts
If you have a Slim or Fat, please weigh in (no pun intended) on your experiences, especially if you have pics!
I have both a Fats and a Slim. Fit wise, they're both fine. I prefer the Slim, just because it looks better in my opinion, but then again I prefer no shield at all, that just isn't practical except for around town when it's warm out. Now, when it gets below 40* out, I do put the Fats out because it does block a lot more wind and make a huge difference in the cold.

· Registered
9,268 Posts
I thought Memphis Shade windshields mounted to the forks too?

I guess I'm worried the Fats would look too disproportionate to the bike...anyone got pics of their setup too? Something to compare visually between the Fats and Slim...

Thanks all for the replies so far too!
Memphis shades mounting system. 02 ACE.
Pay no attention to the dust on my bike right now. I've been sanding a buch of oak stairs in my garage and forgot to cover it.

Attachments

· Registered
9,268 Posts
Not 100% on the light bar. I was thinking that it was either Hondaline or Cobra. Not sure. I bought it used from a guy on this forum. It fits great. If I remember right it uses the bolts from the fork tube covers on the thick aluminum piece you see on my last pic. I can snap a pic of that when I get home if you like.

· Registered
4,627 Posts

i think it's a fats on my sons bike here judging by the mounting pics and dimensions listed by others. i'll have to check to see if there is a name on it later.
my son rides without it because he just doesn't like screens, i put it on to ride it while he's away and think its a great shield. the only thing i don't like is in the below 40's temps my hands get cold where they do not on mine with my homemade hand guards. it's super easy to put on and take off too, so whatever your mood for riding is on any given day its a 2 minute change!

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,925 Posts
Kinda on topic ;)

Chickenman ordered a Memphis Shades for his Goldwing, it came today...
Guess who gets to install it :D
Metzler rear tire too;)

· Registered
9,268 Posts
Kinda on topic ;)

Chickenman ordered a Memphis Shades for his Goldwing, it came today...
Guess who gets to install it :D
Metzler rear tire too;)
I've got a new tire that I need to install that I just haven't had time to do. If I lived closer to you, guess who would be installing it.:D

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
VHinch thanks for taking the time for the pics! Awesome bike LuvinTheV-appreciate the help everyone!

I also saw that video, though the dealer was trying to tell me I should be looking through it...I've read it's all about preference; my instinct tells me I should be looking just over it. I don't think I'd like it completely blocking my line of sight

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.