Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:!: Folks,

It look very much like I may have to take up some work in Denver in the next few weeks. This may require me to be there for some time, thus I want to take my bike ( a valk by then as the chopper deal went south) and it turn out door to door to be 1151 miles. I have read the iron butt rules and think if I get the valk, then I can do it. However, I know no one in Denver or surrounding area and need a finishing witness. So, anybody wish to add their name to the iron butt archives ( they keep record of this and you get a certificate of witnessing) to help me make my a$% very sore?

Let me know what you think and if you can help, please tell me. It really only takes five minutes on your part but it is needed for me to prove my miraculous adventure,

Cheers

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,601 Posts
I'd be happy to be a finish witness for you. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there.

sanoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was not aware you were close to Denver, but it would be my privilege to both have you as a witness and to finally meet you. You are on, I will let you know what happens.

Cheers Dragoon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
Good luck Dragoon!

Dragoon wrote:
So, anybody wish to add their name to the iron butt archives ( they keep record of this and you get a certificate of witnessing) to help me make my a$% very sore?

It is all in the seat and not wearing underwear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lonestarrider said:
Good luck Dragoon!

Dragoon wrote:
So, anybody wish to add their name to the iron butt archives ( they keep record of this and you get a certificate of witnessing) to help me make my a$% very sore?

It is all in the seat and not wearing underwear.
I am sorry but must make a correction, the witness is registered but does not get a certificate. However, My butt will be truly sore. This will only happen if i buy the valk witch i hope to do this week.

I hope the lack of cert doesn’t deter Sanoke, and even if it does, I would love to say that i met in person the infamous Sanoke.

Cheers

Dragoon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,601 Posts
Dragoon said:
I hope the lack of cert doesn’t deter Sanoke, and even if it does, I would love to say that i met in person the infamous Sanoke.
Oh, a piece of paper doesn't mean much to me. It's the ride that counts and you're doing the big one so I'm happy to help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Dragoon said:
lonestarrider said:
Good luck Dragoon!

Dragoon wrote:
So, anybody wish to add their name to the iron butt archives ( they keep record of this and you get a certificate of witnessing) to help me make my a$% very sore?

It is all in the seat and not wearing underwear.
I am sorry but must make a correction, the witness is registered but does not get a certificate. However, My butt will be truly sore. This will only happen if i buy the valk witch i hope to do this week.

I hope the lack of cert doesn’t deter Sanoke, and even if it does, I would love to say that i met in person the infamous Sanoke.

Cheers

Dragoon

Now Dragoon.....

Are you saying you wouldn't do it with the mighty 1100 spirit ?

Here I am trying to get time off work to ride mine to st. louis this summer, and now you are getting a valk to do this trip /

I say do it either way, and if you need a witness here, I'll ride down to see you off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,266 Posts
Dragoon......

i just might be up for a ride too.

when do you plan to be here? where are you headed after Denver?
there are quite a few of us that live up north of Denver.

also keep in mind the weather around here is a little ify until around Memorial Day

droy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First of all, SDBRIT I would not hesitate to do the trip on my spirit, but seen as this Tuesday past saw the end of my chopper deal, and as fait would have it, up popped un unbelievable deal on a Valk, then I would choose the valk for the trip.

So, for my Denver friends, I think it would be great to meet somewhere and hour or two outside of Denver and all ride in together ( I would even spring for lunch!!!). It would be a great HSN moment and I would love to meet you all as well as actually ride with you.

I am bidding on a contract and have to go up to Denver Wednesday this week to see if we can make the deal. Assuming we do, it could see me in Denver for quite some time and I would want a bike up there, it would be sacrilege not to have one in gods country :roll: . If we did this, I would arrange to leave on a Saturday so that we could meet and ride into town on a Sunday morn. It will be with in a month or so depending on weather ( I don’t have chains for my bike :lol: ). I will post a reply on this thread to set things up as soon as I know.

Thanks everybody for your help and encouragement.

Dragoon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
How about one of those gps real time trackers for the valk then.........we could all actually follow your progress online.

Don't blame you, I got to ride a valk last week, just around the block. It was like a caddilac on 2 wheels. I can't understand why Honda would discontinue them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,266 Posts
Dragoon,
I would like to ride with you if you plan on any part of your trip
being in the Northern suburbs and north of Denver. Where are you headed after you leave Denver? If your not planning on going north
i understand.

i dont ride the interstate. but, if you plan on doing any riding the back
roads i would love to join you for a while. :)

droy
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top