Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some ISO grips from Kuryakyn. I was wondering if anyone had like a little tutorial on how to install them. I have taken the grip off of my throttle side and there is still a white plastic covering around the bars. Do I take that off too? Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
What part # kurys did you get. The white sleve still on the throttle side is just that, your throttle sleeve. If you bought the universals, the grip slides over that. If one of your new grips has that sleeve inside it, you'll need to take the switch housing apart to replace it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
emergency!

So Im installing my ISO grip just like the instructions said and I put the glue on and push them on and the glue dries before I can even get them all the way on. What do I do!!??? Pic below

Attachments

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
So Im installing my ISO grip just like the instructions said and I put the glue on and push them on and the glue dries before I can even get them all the way on. What do I do!!??? Pic below
On both sides? WTF??? Did you watch the video? Best thing you can do now it try to get some wd-40 worked down inside the grip and see if you can get it worked around in there. It's not gonna be easy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea both sides. I thought maybe I was just too slow on the first one but I did the next one as fast as possible and it still didnt make it all the way on. so will these grips come off the same way the others did and I can just get new glue and redo it????

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
The problem w/ the ISO's is since the outer ends are closed, it's hard to get something between the rubber and the bar to work them off. Since you have some space on the insides, try getting a coat hanger started in the end, and spray some wd-40 in and try working the hanger around while spraying more in. It's gonna try your patience, but you have no choice but to try and get them off. If you can remove them in one piece, you can clean the insides and re use them.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Thats why I never use glue. Only hairspray. When wet it lubes the grips on. Once it dries the grips are stuck.

I always like using compressed air to remove my grips if I cant cut them off. Get a small nozzle end and blow between the grip and bar. Usually works great.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Thats why I never use glue. Only hairspray. When wet it lubes the grips on. Once it dries the grips are stuck.

I always like using compressed air to remove my grips if I cant cut them off. Get a small nozzle end and blow between the grip and bar. Usually works great.
I tried that, could never get it to work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The end cap on my iso grips have screws that let them come off so hopefully I can just take them off the same way I took off the originals and retry it.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
The end cap on my iso grips have screws that let them come off so hopefully I can just take them off the same way I took off the originals and retry it.
Nope, the opening is very small. Not the size of the stockers. Since the grip isn't all the way on, you may get lucky and get something in from that end.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Try rubbing alcohol. Glides on, then evaporates. Better than hairspray because you don't have a mess when you want them off!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts