Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 400cc Honda shadow and was wondering if I can swap carburetor parts with a 600cc carburetor parts (fuel jets, diaphragm, fuel needle, etc......).
If I can do the swap will it affect my power output and idling?

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,805 Posts
Nobody seems to be answering since nobody knows.
In North America we have no exposure to the 400 V twins, so I'm guessing.
They are the same basic 34mm Keihin carburetors however they are two different engines with different displacements, different operating ranges even though they look very similar.
My guess is the parts will fit, but it will not be tuned correctly, maybe made to run and idle, but be too rich beyond that. So yes it will likely hurt your power output and fuel consumption.

You can probably compare the carburetor components by parts number at MegaZip - Genuine OEM Parts From Japan, USA, UAE | Online Store as they cover bikes we don't normally see here and see what is the same and what will interchange between the 400 and the 650.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody seems to be answering since nobody knows.
In North America we have no exposure to the 400 V twins, so I'm guessing.
They are the same basic 34mm Keihin carburetors however they are two different engines with different displacements, different operating ranges even though they look very similar.
My guess is the parts will fit, but it will not be tuned correctly, maybe made to run and idle, but be too rich beyond that. So yes it will likely hurt your power output and fuel consumption.

You can probably compare the carburetor components by parts number at MegaZip - Genuine OEM Parts From Japan, USA, UAE | Online Store as they cover bikes we don't normally see here and see what is the same and what will interchange between the 400 and the 650.
I know the 400cc are mostly found in the Asian and Middle Eastern countries and are more popular than the 1994 era 600cc shadows because they don't breakdown like their bigger brothers (proper maintenance is the first issue which can't oftenly be found in my area).
Anyways thanks for ur support, I'll provide more info when I am done experimenting 👍.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts