Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 2018 shadow aero 750. I had recently ordered a set of XL saddlebags and a quick connect bracket setup. I already have a quick connect system and the bolts are installed on the front two that screw directly into the fender frame. With the larger bags I would have to installed the bolts on the last two of the fender but only one is connected to the fender and the other to the metal frame
Supporting the fender. I have no problem switching to the last two but just wasn’t sure of the rear bolt could support the weight or not. This is only the second time I’ve installed saddlebags by the first time for ones this large. I’m going to be doing a signal relocation as well.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle Motorcycle

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They'll be fine, just don't carry a couple thousand rounds of ammo in them, might be a bit heavy. My LeatherLyke bags have been on the last two bolts for ten years or more. And I'm sure I've overloaded them for trips,,,
Thank you for your input! I figured if it could support a passenger it shouldn’t have a problem with saddlebag weight.haven’t gotten many answers from other places I’ve asked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts