Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 96 VT100C and my buddy owns a 97 1100 Spirit. Being from Alberta, Canada we are headed south through Montana on a ride to Yellowstone. First night we camp in Lincoln, Montana. Next morning both bikes start no problem. Some 100 miles or so later I pull off to the side of the road to talk to my partner who's behind. For some strange reason I accidently hit my starter switch while bikes still running. I turned the engine off. My partner pulls up and shuts his bike off as I tried to start my bike hoping I didn't screw up my starter. Bikes dead. You'll never guess what? His bike is dead as well. We thought maybe the area had some strange magnetic field or something that effected both bikes at the same time. A Harley guy stopped and helped to push start but no luck. He was nice enough to go get help for us in the next town Belgrade, Montana. Really cool, biker helping biker. Mechanic hauled both bikes into town. Upon inspection, both our bikes had a battery with a shorted cell at the same time. Had to spend the night because he didn't stock T batteries. Next day $300.00 each later, were on our way. Shadoz

·
Registered
943 Posts
sorry the story is too unbelieveable......

Really, who is gonna believe two Hondas broke down and the harley kept running...jeeeeeezzz

btw- just kidding ya

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Sure it could happen again.....let's see.......almost identical bikes, batteries replaced with the infamous (read as rotten) T-Battery, at the exact same time.....

BTW you can put a Yuasa AGM (YTZ14-S I believe is the number) in those bikes for about $85. It's not a T but it fits and is a great replacement.

To take ashadowrider's thought to the next level.....let that be a lesson to those that think it's not prudent to replace the battery on regular intervals rather than waiting for it to die. Hard to do I know, but after 3 or 4 years you are into the penny-wise - pound-foolish realm or reality.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im not to fond of the T battery to begin with... I think it is the most unuseful design. My girlfriends fatehr has a ACE with the T battery... On his 3rd one in 2 years... No use personally... When i got my spirit, that was my first question just to make sure, haha...

G

·
0 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
Sure it could happen again.....let's see.......almost identical bikes, batteries replaced with the infamous (read as rotten) T-Battery, at the exact same time.....

BTW you can put a Yuasa AGM (YTZ14-S I believe is the number) in those bikes for about $85. It's not a T but it fits and is a great replacement.

To take ashadowrider's thought to the next level.....let that be a lesson to those that think it's not prudent to replace the battery on regular intervals rather than waiting for it to die. Hard to do I know, but after 3 or 4 years you are into the penny-wise - pound-foolish realm or reality.
I was thinking the same thing, especially with both bikes being close in age. gee I wonder what the odds are of us thinking the same thing again?

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,229 Posts
Well I never got that much from a T. Last year, while shopping for my 3rd replacement battery for my 7-year-old bike, I finally wised up and got a Yuasa AGM. Even though my second riding season with it is still a few weeks away, I feel a lot better about it than I did with any of the Ts I had.

·
Registered
4 Posts
kara said:
do either of you have ride bells? :wink:

darn road gremlins

I love the Helmet girlfriend. I think they sould have the bells also my Harley girlfiend is going to get me some becuase i plan on taking a couple of trips this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts