Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
With a soft blanket of fresh snow adorning the roads riding a motorcycle has been out of the question up here for a while now. So what to do with my time? How do i fend off the boredom? With ice of course. Yes, my pond has and frozen over and its time to get skating! Unfortunately, monday snowed all day so I shoveled for 2.5 hours instead of skating. Yesterday I woke up to discover that it was snowing again. By the time it stopped another 3 inches had dropped. Spent another 3 hours last night clearing snow. Had a visit from a curious muskrat while I was out there. Today is bright and sunny so hopefully I can actually put some skates on tonight. Sure hope I can actually skate on my new tibia.
20191201_132221.jpg
20191203_194956.jpg

Registered
think it might be time to get a quad and mount a plow to the front?

Registered
thought you Canadian stuck bolts through your tires and went on the ice anyway. its Canada isnt it covered in ice 90% of the time anyway?

Registered
was joking lol never gotten to go up to Canada but i hear there are some pretty amazing locations up there for scenery.
There are, but there is in that great country of yours as well. Depends on what you are looking for. The majority of our population is focused on our southern border, leaving plenty of untouched land to the north.

Depending on where you are in Canada, you could be further south than many Americans. Example, I live close to Kingston Ontario, which is well below the 49th parallel.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
The ice is usually ready around December and by the end of February it starts to soften up and that puts an end to skating season. I live pretty far north comparatively (about 900 km north of the border which situates me about halfway up the province.) Winters can be brutal but the last few years have been very mild. Summers see temps of about 30掳c and the sun doesnt set until 10pm

Registered
The ice is usually ready around December and by the end of February it starts to soften up and that puts an end to skating season. I live pretty far north comparatively (about 900 km north of the border which situates me about halfway up the province.) Winters can be brutal but the last few years have been very mild. Summers see temps of about 30掳c and the sun doesnt set until 10pm
Do you have to smooth it out some how? Or is it fairly smooth to begin with. I played highschool hockey and skated alot but only on ice prepped by a Zamboni.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Its pretty smooth but I have a homemade zamboni of sorts. Its basically a just a 2 foot wide piece of pipe with holes drilled every inch dragging a towel attached 500 ft of garden hose. It puts a glass like surface on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts