Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not sure. My garage photo shows the bike pretty clearly. It's a 2004 Shadow Spirit. I'm guessing it's a stock headlamp w/ an aftermarket visor ...and PO drilled a hole for that whatever it is on top... just guessing tho'

btw, Sorry for the crappy headlamp photo, and any lack of info @ my disposal. I bought the bike about 30 days ago and know very little about Hondas in general...except that they're awsome! :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
sensor for a headlight modulator?

·
Registered
815 Posts
sensor for a headlight modulator?
Looks just like the modulator sensor I installed on the top of my headlight bucket. Put you bike into a place where daylight hits the sensor and with the key turned on or the bike running, turn on your bright headlight and see if it modulates. Will not modulate in a low light condition.

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Yep, most likely what they said. Sensor. Assuming it's working look at light when engine running in daylight, should flash some. If not, it's a screwed up headlight housing:/

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I'll check out the high beam on the way to work today.
Reminds me though, a few days ago I guess I accidentally hit the high beams on the way to work because I noticed the indicator was on. It wasn't on solid, it was flashing. Never saw one that flashed before...

·
Registered
35 Posts
When using a modulator, the headlight indicator flashes in time with the headlight so it's very likely you have a modulator. Set the bike to high beam when the bike is in the sun and place your finger over the sensor. The light should stop flashing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What you have there is your basic gov't surveillance device. A satellite can track your every trip. Yep.....that'll be required on all bikes soon. Or maybe just a modulator sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
Steve C
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing