Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Willie & Max Revolution (small) saddlebags in yesterday, and they look good, and will fit my Phantom. They are the hard-mount models that include the mounting hardware. Because my Phantom has the OEM backrest, and because of shock clearance, I need to use the included 1/2" spacers to offset the bags enough so that they are mounted squarely and somewhat perpendicular to the ground.

However, I can't find bolts that are long enough. The kit came with M10 X 1.25 X 75mm, which were way short. I found some M10 X 1.25 X 100 at Lowes, and even they are too short (no luck at Home Depot, Ace, the Honda dealer or Auto Zone). I figured finding ones that are about 150mm in length would be no problem online, but I'm having no luck at all. Any suggestions for a source of supply?

On a side note, I got in the BikeMaster Oval lined mirrors, and from my brief ride this evening, it seems like they are going to make a huge difference over the stock mirrors. No more blind spot! I also got the National Cycle deflector screen, and it made riding the Phantom much more enjoyable - wasn't having to fight with the handlebars as much. Pics tomorrow - just didn't get that far today.

If anyone has any suggestions on the bolts, I'd appreciate it - I want to get my bags on!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I'm amazed ACE didn't have something that would work for you. Every aspect of my bike, if I needed a nut, bolt, or any other fastener, River Ridge Hardware (ACE) had exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Try Fastenal the are a chain that has just about everything. I had to get some longer bolts and they hooked me right up. They may have to order or have them made, but they will get them.
Coop

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't ask Ace about ordering, since I figured they'd be easy to find online. There is a Fastenall store here, though (about a block from the Honda dealer, ironically) - they were closed yesterday, but I'm going to check with them in the morning. I'm also hoping to get some black spacers. The ones that came with the kit are zinc or stainless or something; would look nicer with black ones. That's not a huge deal, though.

Here's the new mirrors & deflector:

Really happy with the mirrors and the deflector both. The deflector is a little generic, but that's to be expected, and the price was good.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I also got the National Cycle deflector screen, and it made riding the Phantom much more enjoyable - wasn't having to fight with the handlebars as much.
That's what I've got on my Shadow. Quite a bit smaller than the NC windshield I had on my Suzuki Savage, but I suppose that's the difference between a windshield and deflector! But I dig it; I still feel the air in my face, yet don't have that feeling like I'm doing an ab crunch to hang on to the bike!
No suggestions for the bolts, but hope you find them!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.