Honda Shadow Forums banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
7,769 Posts

A good addage >>

""I am under the influeance of drugs""

Since everyone is offering up stuff, I’ve got some good drugs (oxymoron?) if you need more.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
I`m real happy to have the stamina to sit here and enjoy our fellowship,

Getting better each day, BUT Ann still telling me "NOTHING! YOU`re to do nothing!"

She`s the reason I`m getting better,
D

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
I`m real happy to have the stamina to sit here and enjoy our fellowship,

Getting better each day, BUT Ann still telling me "NOTHING! YOU`re to do nothing!"

She`s the reason I`m getting better,
D
It gets hard to do nothing day after day.
Thank goodness for our women, where would we be without them.

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Thank You @CSRoad the owners manual came in the mail today./..
It has the same info as the 98 manual, I use it regularly for volumes, capacities, correct sizes & such that`re specific to my baby...

Ann & I have been back to the accident scene and have come up empty handed & every time, found nothing...
Not even scratches in the road or nothing,
D

Yup! Doing nothing is hard to do @DieselDoctor
SO I`m doing what I`m instructed > Breathing through the spirometer, walking and therapy for my shoulder/clavical area

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
SO I`m doing what I`m instructed > Breating through the spirometer, walking and therapy for my shoulder/clavical area
Keep doing that, you don't need pneumonia on top of everything else.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Keep doing that, you don't need pneumonia on top of everything else.

I hear vodka helps too.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Thank You @CSRoad the owners manual came in the mail today./..
It has the same info as the 98 manual, I use it regularly for volumes, capacities, correct sizes & such that`re specific to my baby...

Ann & I have been back to the accident scene and have come up empty handed & every time, found nothing...
Not even scratches in the road or nothing,
D

Yup! Doing nothing is hard to do @DieselDoctor
SO I`m doing what I`m instructed > Breathing through the spirometer, walking and therapy for my shoulder/clavical area
When my son wrecked my wife's bike almost 2 years ago, I took pictures at the scene, showing the skid marks, spots where the pavement was scraped, etc., damage to the bike, and of our son laying on the ground being shaded by a blanket my wife and our friends who had been travelling with us were holding over him so he wouldn't get burned by the hot NM sun, as we waited for an ambulance, which took hours to get to us. Thankfully, some Boy Scouts stopped right away to help direct traffic around us, and called 911. The local volunteer EMTs (a mother and daughter) came after about 30-45 minutes, but they couldn't get a neck brace big enough to fit my son (he's a BIG boy - outweighing me by at least 20-50 pounds, and he's only 35 years old now). When the ambulance arrived from a town about 45 minutes to an hour drive away, even they didn't have one big enough. His collar bone was spiral fractured in 2 places, and the surgery, which normally took the doctor 45 minutes from start to finish, took him 45 minutes just to put the bones back together so he could put the biggest plate he had on to hold it together, and he said he wished he had one with a couple more holes! :surprise: Hopefully, yours isn't that bad! It took him nearly a year to get back on the bike, and even then when someone stopped short in front of him, he panicked a bit, and hadn't ridden again for almost another year. He took my wife's bike out for a run down our little culdesac last month, but didn't quite want to get out on the street in traffic just yet. Hoping and praying you'll be back on two wheels again soon!

Keep on taking it easy for a while longer, but don't forget your therapy, either. You don't want to lose any range of motion. My Mom had surgery on her shoulder and didn't do all the therapy, and now she can barely move her arm above her shoulder, but not all the way up. You don't want that! Keep on listening to your wife. I'm sure she wants what's best for you, and you back to normal as quick as possible.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Keep on taking it easy for a while longer, but don't forget your therapy, either. You don't want to lose any range of motion. My Mom had surgery on her shoulder and didn't do all the therapy, and now she can barely move her arm above her shoulder, but not all the way up. You don't want that! Keep on listening to your wife. I'm sure she wants what's best for you, and you back to normal as quick as possible.
I can't stress this enough myself. A very long time ago (>30 years.. Dang I'm getting old! :) ) I broke my wrists in an accident.

Being a normal teenager, I knew better than the physiotherapist and didn't do all of the treatments I was supposed to.

Every winter since I regret it. Sometimes I get days of aches from it. Strapping it helps, but what would've been better was to do the damned exercises properly! :)

No excuses! Get them done! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hang in there Captain, glad to hear you're on the mend! I'm sure we all look forward to your new posts, when you can back on your bikes....

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Yeah, I`m Alays saying "Obey your therapist" too, to folks who`re bummed up...
Having been in situations where therapy was involved, I`ve been good about doing what`s required > and then some...
For lower arm from elbow down, streching muscles, raising and lowering, twisting wrist and squeezing a foam rubber
For the shoulder though>I Ain`t got nothing but (using no muscles) swinging the arm...
Ann calls it deadmans swing, I think therapist called pendulum swing...
But I KNOW the best cure is "Always obey my therapist!"

Ann is persistant on doing what the Dr.s order me to...

Hopefully I`ll be back 100 %
D

I`m getting to where I can use my fork in my left hand, Kinda like the therapist instructed me to raise/lower and twisting the wrist, I eat left handed ;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
WOW!!!
Well looky here!
I asked and and am blessed with the items mentioned being found & donated...

Thank YOU

Thank You @Scared

As Mentioned @C5rider is prolly as surprized me, when it comes to this thread...
BUT He & I go back a few donated parts too...

Lol. Yup. Been a little bit since I've been on here. Just been busy with this thing called life. I was doin a bit of head-scratchin' to remember if perhaps there was a manual in that stuff ya got when you were here Dennis. But, thanks to @CSRoad for supplying one.

Good to hear that you and Ann are doing better through this. As uncomfortable as they are, and we SURELY don't wish for them, moments like this have a way of making us stronger. Individually and as a couple, a forum and a team. We're all behind ya Capt'n and'll do anything we can to help you both out. Just let us know.

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Yes, Andy our crew here has always come through for those in need...
Check out the Broke Biker Mission 201? thread, many have received help...
Now, I`m learning to do that, to Be the receptiant of good will... I`m always on the other side of things;)

My new sig >
I sure wish that deer hadn`t crossed my path,
D
Thank You again to all

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah, I`m Alays saying "Obey your therapist" too, to folks who`re bummed up...
Having been in situations where therapy was involved, I`ve been good about doing what`s required > and then some...
For lower arm from elbow down, streching muscles, raising and lowering, twisting wrist and squeezing a foam rubber
For the shoulder though>I Ain`t got nothing but (using no muscles) swinging the arm...
Ann calls it deadmans swing, I think therapist called pendulum swing...
But I KNOW the best cure is "Always obey my therapist!"

Ann is persistant on doing what the Dr.s order me to...

Hopefully I`ll be back 100 %
D

I`m getting to where I can use my fork in my left hand, Kinda like the therapist instructed me to raise/lower and twisting the wrist, I eat left handed ;)
I will AMEN that and take it a step further...
CONTINUE THE THERAPY AT HOME FOR 6-MOS AFTER IT'S OVER!!
Biggest mistake folks make is thinking that when Official Therapy is done,
that they don't need to do it anymore...yep, they do!

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Yessiree, Just cause they ain`t directing me to do it, I can`t quit, that`s fer sure!
This go `round I`m my own therapist, so to speak, no formal visits just me doing it...
That MAY change next Dr visit...
The Dr. today listening to me breathe, said she don`t here nothing low on the left lung, (the one that punctured) is NOT a pretty site in x-ray...

Breathing DEEP as I can,D

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
I finally got all the bent, scratched and busted pieces off my Baby...
It took Several trips to the shop to "git `er done" but 30 minutes out there in the shop each visit, that`s all I can do...

Folks are putting on a fundraiser for me July 27...
Chicken plates available for donation at my church...

You`re invited,
D

·
Registered
23,170 Posts
It took Several trips to the shop to "git `er done" but 30 minutes out there in the shop each visit, that`s all I can do...

You`re invited,
D
Just because I don't post here much, doesn't mean I don't have you in continued prayer brother..keep doing that therapy!

·
Registered
384 Posts

You`re invited,
D
Ya know, just noticed your Location...
yer somewhere near the end of my new route on Tuesdays...
I end up at the Quality Inn in Americus, GA on Tuesday afternoons :grin2:
Have to park the Semi overnight there, then skeedaddle around 4am.

When ya get to feeling up to visiting folks, we'll have to set up a Hiya!

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Ya know, just noticed your Location...
yer somewhere near the end of my new route on Tuesdays...
I end up at the Quality Inn in Americus, GA on Tuesday afternoons :grin2:
Have to park the Semi overnight there, then skeedaddle around 4am.

When ya get to feeling up to visiting folks, we'll have to set up a Hiya!
You`re welcome to come have supper with us any Tuesday, we`ll even come pick you up...
OR you can park your truck in our yard anytime...
We`ll talk,
D

181 - 200 of 200 Posts