1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,442 Posts
Thank you .

·
Registered
2001 Honda Shadow Aero 1100
357 Posts
Oh no! Damn deer!!!
Please continue to keep us updated. And also let us know if there is anything we can do...

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,442 Posts
Everybody ride safe out there.

Captain D has 160,000 miles under his belt, IIRC, but one animal can ruin a good ride.

Hope he is up on two wheels again soon.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow, deer have to be the most dangerous animal that crosses the highway. Seems they just wait until you are committed to a path, then jump right in front of you at the last possible second... It was really foggy in my area this morning. Wonder if it was where he was at...

Don't do much praying myself, but sending good karma your way Dennis!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
This was posted by his daughter about 4 hours ago,,,not sure how I missed it at lunch.

Okay, talked to mom [edited], dad has 5 broken ribs, a punctured lung, road rash of course, and his collar bone is slap out of place. The collision knocked off his helmet and boots. The injuries are on his left side. They're waiting on him to be able to breathe on his own before surgery. They're in Columbus at Peidmont Medical Center.

I will update as I can, I don't want to bother the family by calling now.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Prayers for Cap, his family and his caregivers. May they pick the treatments that will ensure the quickest healing.

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Similar update, a tad more info, not much different.
But, as we we it, we will share.
Just continue to pray forDennis, the family and Doctors please.

Update on Dennis busted shoulder shattered collarbone, bruised heart, 5 ribs crackwed, road rash on face, bruised up everywhere else. Talkin about doing surgery on collarbone sometime today or in the next day or so just waiting on his heart to see if he can take it. He has a busted spleen and a hole in his left lung which has collapsed.

No Sig, someone whined and I lost it.. Crybaby....

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
:)0/ Sorry to hear this...Prayers for a quick and more comfortable recovery. Take it easy - and all the best, Dennis.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,442 Posts
Sure sorry to hear his is hurt so badly. If a guy falls off and slides on the road that is one thing, but to have hit so hard as to have all that damage is just a damn shame to have happen to a good guy.
Hope it becomes better news soon and is a smooth recovery.

Come on Captain we are all pulling for you!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
As I rode into work this morning, all I could think about was the deer lying in wait to take me out... Remember I posted the story last year of the man on a motorcycle that was killed on the road I ride to work on when a deer jumped out in front of him. He was doing 55 mph when he hit it, went off the road and into trees.

I tried to stay close behind other vehicles hoping to use them as a distraction and/or shield but not so close as to not be able to stop if a deer did jump out in front of them. Saw a lot still grazing out in the fields but fortunately none near the road. Curious to see what the circumstances of Captain D's accident were.

Dennis I hope you get well soon and your wife continues to let you ride! Mine would tell the tow company to take the bike straight to the land fill...

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Don't follow that close. Ride almost on center line and keep eyes peeled with an escape route. If they come up on a dead deer or object in the road you are not gonna have reaction time.
I've been looking out for updates on this but haven't seen anything yet.
I'll keep checking.

No Sig, someone whined and I lost it.. Crybaby....

21 - 40 of 221 Posts