Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That right got you to read this too. I rember reading on a yammie fourm from a Internet post many years ago from someone using boiling water to clean carb parts.

Well I went a head and said hell I have a 350 chevy truck with a tbi unit that is doging out so I went a head walked in my wife kitchen and turned the stove on high took a old pot the parts fit in and said. "Set it and forget it". ( I went boil for about 20 mins) .
I did no pre cleaning. It had varnish and fuel build up from the e gas that truned the inside parts a greenish brown color. I let everything sit and soak . I even went as far to leave all paper gasket on the parts and even the fuel psi noble that was frozen I left.

( only pics I have didn't think it would work so I never planed to post nothing)

After all the sitting and air drying I lube the throtte spring and throtte postion sensor spring up with lube. Took the fuel reg spring oiled it . Took 7.99 diy fuel and oil safe paper gasket and made my own base gasket for the intake. Went and took all the rubber gaskets and coated them in a small tacky smear of form a gasket that was gas and oil safe and put it togeather.

No carb cleaner ever used no sand paper nothing. The paper gasket was so old that the boiling hot water peeled it away and left my tbi unit clean. Today about 1030 thismoring in a blazeing hot 37 out side with sun I put it all togeather. Fired the truck right up as hard as it is to belive it runs like it should so good the idle is sport on around 800 rpm with no spit . Gas it and I had the fuel set wrong so I had to redo my reg noble that was frozen re set it and now is run great. Now do I have my mpg back idk I rather ride the bike or drive the mustang but there is no bad idle no spit it fires faster .

The truck sat untouched for 3 months do to bad mpg it went from 18 down to around 11. So I will re update if my mpg is back. (I did hop up the fuel a little and give it a hot spark and a flash tune) mpg might be a little diffrent in the name of hp.

So. A recap because I suck at post and typeing.

Used wife kitchen stove and pot.
Boild carb parts
Put togeather
Enjoyed

A tbi is not much diffrent then a carb. Big dxiffrents is no choke and the needle valve and jets was replaced by a injetor. They both have fuel bowels they both reg. Fuel inside its self like a needle and seat.

And yes air flow past the injet. Help fuel the motor just a carb need it in a diffrent way.

So would I do this on a carb with little seats and valve and tubes yep I will because I can't belive it work.

I AM NOT PAYING FOR ANY HOSPITAL BILLS AFTER YOUR WIFE BEATS YOU FOR USEING HER POT AND STOVE FOR YOUR CARBS
ALSO USE COMMON SOME BRAINS WHEN YOU TRY THIS IF IT LOOKS CLEANER BUT NOT THE BEST THEN TOUCH IT UP AND DO IT RIGHT. This was a test just to see what would happen. This is to get the heavey build up off. Or in my case all of it.

Attachments

· Registered
4,011 Posts
I will never forget the time my father put a camshaft & lifters in the fridge "to keep it dry" while the engine was apart.

My mother won't let us forget...

FYI - A V6 has 12 lifters. Eggs come in packs of 12. Many fridges have a space dedicated to an egg carton. So...obviously...

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol your right, about the v6. A lot of people think I'm nuts. My in blew up.

It's like pressing rubber berrings or wheel berrings in. No pressure no problem used a deep freazze and lite hit and pop your done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.