Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to clean my carbs, first time ever fooling with them. I have a manual and have read up on it a lot. Pretty sure I can do it but if something goes wrong I do have someone I can call to help me out. Question is...I don't have a garage or shed to work in. Would have to do this outside. I'm just worried that I would have to leave over night, I could bring all the pieces inside a shed overnight but would it hurt anything if just covered for the night?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Put something over the intake ports after you remove the carb(s) just to keep anything from getting inside there. A clean shop rag or even paper towels will do. If I was going to leave it like that for a while, I'd probably tape them in place.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Well considering My bike has never even seen the inside of a garage. I think yours will be OK covered overnight. My main work area is a dirt driveway. Just lay a tarp under the bike so I don't have to sit in the dirt, and rags to keep dirt out opening from removed parts . My cleaning area is my backyard deck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If I may make a suggestion,

Use sandwich bags to store each part you take off. Something are easily lost and remember which carb is for which cylinder (That is if you disassemble them completely)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.