Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may know I recently got my carbs rebuild by TJ brutal customs... Long story short... I've manage to get the bike to idle (low idle from the sound) but at the smallest turn of the throttle it dies.

Now I've change the spark plugs, battery, petcock screen and cleaned the tank, change the fuel filte and changed the fuel pump.

Something tells me I'm not getting enough fuel, I've heard that some people should test the pump to see what kind of pressure the pump is putting out. Would you guys start there? I'm at a loss.

I've sprayed carb cleaner around the boots to see if I'm leaking air, that's a negative to.

Meanwhile a friend was over and saw my tank had some rust in it but lucky for me his father works for a shop that seals them and he's hooking me up with an acid wash and seal Job.

Any advise is sure welcomed.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Carbs bench synched? Idle set at factory spec? A/F screws set 2 1/4-2 1/2 turns out?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update... I re- plugged those to ports and cranked her once more... She started right up and even had throttle response! Go figure!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carbs bench synched? Idle set at factory spec? A/F screws set 2 1/4-2 1/2 turns out?
Synced and I set the a/f down to 1 3/4... I should be about to get them up above 2. That will have to wait for other day when it's not 11pm and I can have her running longer.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Set them at 2 1/2 out and if you don't have one, get a cheap tach so you know where you're at. You're going to need it when you set your A/F screws properly anyway. I didn't ask, but I'm assuming you have a manual, yes?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Set them at 2 1/2 out and if you don't have one, get a cheap tach so you know where you're at. You're going to need it when you set your A/F screws properly anyway. I didn't ask, but I'm assuming you have a manual, yes?

Yup... In pdf and printed form.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Should be ready to tear then. Let us know how it plays out for you.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
You can pick one up off ebay for $10.00. Just has a wire you wrap around a plug wire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts