Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what it is,i got a question men.i just e-mailed carbjetkits.com and asked for a kit for my 01 spirit 1100 which they dont carry.they e-mailed me back and told me to use a #45 pilot jet and 2 shims per carb but never said nothing about a main jet.do i need a bigger main jet or just take there advice.cant beat the price.thanks a lot folks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just got an entire kit, outstanding service and great tech support from John at carbjetkits.com. I told him that I had totally open drag pipes with conical filters attached directly to my carbs on a 1985 VT700 and that was it. From there he sent me all I needed to properly jet my bike. Let me tell you that it runs like a raped fukking date now! I HIGHLY recommend them.

If you tell them what mods you've done as well as the year, make and model he'll put a kit together for you too. It really is that simple.

Alternatively, you could waste your time asking people on here about it with less than desirable results as you continue to ride without your jets. Don't ask me how I know this :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
I just bought some stock size and one size larger main jets from them - old carbs sat while, so the jets might need replacement.
I will likely get some slow jet replacements too once I pull the carbs and carefully clean and inspect.
Cannot beat the prices or speed of delivery!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Hey what it is,i got a question men.i just e-mailed carbjetkits.com and asked for a kit for my 01 spirit 1100 which they dont carry.they e-mailed me back and told me to use a #45 pilot jet and 2 shims per carb but never said nothing about a main jet.do i need a bigger main jet or just take there advice.cant beat the price.thanks a lot folks.
Why are you wanting to rejet? Hard to help without any Info. Thw WHY determines the HOW.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
If all you are trying to fix is a little popping and maybe some hestitaion or slugishness in the midrange. the #45 and shims might do good.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just got an entire kit, outstanding service and great tech support from John at carbjetkits.com. I told him that I had totally open drag pipes with conical filters attached directly to my carbs on a 1985 VT700 and that was it. From there he sent me all I needed to properly jet my bike. Let me tell you that it runs like a raped fukking date now! I HIGHLY recommend them.

If you tell them what mods you've done as well as the year, make and model he'll put a kit together for you too. It really is that simple.

Alternatively, you could waste your time asking people on here about it with less than desirable results as you continue to ride without your jets. Don't ask me how I know this :)
Regarding those conical filters, what brand are you using and where did you get 'em from? I'm thinking of doing the same thing. The plastic snorkel intake just isn't cutting it - it's loose over the right carb and my bike sounds like a freaking warzone with all the popping!

Also, has anyone here tried the 6Sigma Racing jet kits sold on eBay?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Regarding those conical filters, what brand are you using and where did you get 'em from?
I'm using some Emgo filters found on Ebay. The seller was a fast shipper, the price was very reasonable and they seem like nice reusable sturdy pieces...

EMGO 12-55735 35MM TAPERED AIR FILTER | eBay

They work great and now my air box is full of relays, igniters and all the wiring that used to run along the rear fender.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm using some Emgo filters found on Ebay. The seller was a fast shipper, the price was very reasonable and they seem like nice reusable sturdy pieces...

EMGO 12-55735 35MM TAPERED AIR FILTER | eBay

They work great and now my air box is full of relays, igniters and all the wiring that used to run along the rear fender.
Thanks for the info! I will order a couple of those to replace my plastic snorkel. And will be contacting the carbjetkit folks for a kit. It'd be nice to ride around and not have my bike farting all over the place!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.