Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys!I JUST SERVICED MY CARBS ON 98 ACE 750.EVERYTING WENT WELL,BUTTHERE'S AHOSE THAT TEES OFF TO BOTH CARBS AND I CAN'T REMEMBER WERE IT GOES.AS A RESULT BIKE RUNS BUT WHEN I TRY TO ACCELERATE IT DIES .HELP ME PLEASE.THANKS.AB4EVER

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
On the VT1100's they're is three hoses that really don't go anywhere.
There is a plastic tee that connects the two carburetors, the tee'ed off part has a hose that runs down the frame behind the engine and goes no-where, its just a vent hose.

Now there is vacuum hose that comes off each carburetor, both of these lines goes to the same place, the sub-air filter. This is a little box that mounts under the fuel tank, the two line connects one each to each end of the sub-air filter, the bottom of it has a small thin foam filter (hince a sub-air filter). The box isn't connected to anyting else, so the two lines that runs to it are also just vents that are filtered a tiny bit.
The only other lines that run to the carburetors are the fuel lines.

It sounds like the diaphargms are not lifting the needle pistons (slides). When you open the throttle your opening the throttle blades and letting a lot of air in, but your not getting the matching increase of fuel. Are you sure the diaphragms are in correctly?

A pinched fuel line could be the problem,
Fuel petcock valve not opening up correctly,
Fuel tank vent plugged up.
MarkC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts