Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,,on my 04 aero 750 shadow ,, I have some bad gas :x... got it from a station that was low on gas ,,the bike was running ok until I gased up ..I have drain the tank ,,I need to drain the bold,with the drain screw ,,Can I get to the drain screw with having to take the tank off the bike ,,,should I be able to see the screw from the left side ..
Thanks for any help....oh I have ran seeforn and that did not help ,,,the olny way I can keep the bike running is to pull out the choke ..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
come on guys --I know some of your have been thur this and talked about it on here ,,,,Its ride time ,,weather is so pretty here ,,80 today .

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
These bikes have a pretty standard carb. The drain screw (one on each carb) is located at the very bottom of the float bowl. the bowl will have a small nipple on it, and just above that is the drain screw. Loosen it 2 turns, wait for the fuel to stop flowing from the nipple, and then gently seat it again. best to put a small catch-can under it. They don't hold much, but you don't want it to puddle on your bike.

--Justin

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
The Aero 750 is a single carb bike. Try running some isopropyl alcohol (6 ounces should do it) in with some fresh gas (GOOD gas), take her out for a hard ride and it should get rid of the water. Make sure you drain your tank of the crappy gas first, obviously.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Oh, right! Aero! (duh!)

Well, in that case, the job got twice as easy!

--Justin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts