Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
trjam said:
I dont want to show you mine and I darn sure dont want to see yours. :roll:

All I am saying is that the newer ones with less miles do well with synthetic. But in no way am I implying I know more then you. :D
I know that! but if you tried any oil that caused you some problem's I would like to know about them!
I watch oil topic's looking for problem oils, or problem with a certain oil. I'm glad to find another oily person on the forum, REALLY! :)
MarkC

·
Registered
477 Posts
with a dino oil, my bike felt sluggish, but here is the crazy thing, the sound out of the pipes was deeper, almost a better sound. I had a friend riding beside me at about 50 and he said the pipes sounded pretty good since he knew I always complained about them. With synthetic, the bike felt it flowed better. Like nothing was holding the engine back. Almost to free like it was running on air. Te pipes had that raspy tingling sound, no deepness. I know this sounds crazy but you asked. All Dino were 10-40, GN4 and regular Spectro. With the synthetic blend of Spectro is was almost in between the 2 stages I just described. On first cranking up when cold, it would hold a idle better with the blend and dino, then with the synthetic, go figure. It runs faster, accelerates quicker with the synthetic, but the engine at high revs almost sounds whiny, but good. Also, as I told my dealer, he was still selling the regular Amsoil that says it can be used with bikes. I told him that Amsoil has a motorcycle specific oil now that from what I understand has zinc where as the other didnt. So with synthetic, it runs better, cooler, no fan at all even with 2 up, but the bike sounded better with the blend and the dino. So there, I showed you mine. :shock:

·
Registered
58 Posts
trjam said:
stick with Amsoil and let your engine live.
I'm afraid there is no local dealer here for Amsoil.
Castrol, Shell, Mobil, Valvoline, Elf.... everything you ever wished, but no Amsoil.
Oh, are you sure it's soooo good and unique? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Geralt said:
trjam said:
stick with Amsoil and let your engine live.
I'm afraid there is no local dealer here for Amsoil.
Castrol, Shell, Mobil, Valvoline, Elf.... everything you ever wished, but no Amsoil.
Oh, are you sure it's soooo good and unique? :twisted:
Amsoil can be ordered direct! right to your door!
The most common place to find Amsoil is one of those independent motorcycle shop's.
MarkC

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Radar said:
Mark,

Any thoughts on the Castrol 4T oils? They're motorcycle specified on the bottle.

Radar
No, not really. I've never used that oil, and I haven't seen a lot of post on the forum about others using it.
I will say that's its a modern oil, so it should be a high quality oil.
MarkC

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.