Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. If you're as old as I am (some of you are MUCH older - haha), then you remember CB radio, especially in the 1970's. Citizen's Band of Friends to be precise (CBF). Anyway, with all the lingo and jargon that was used up to and including the now cult movie classic "Convoy" that made it so popular, I felt the need to regress into my childhood a bit. Picked up this little CB; actually having it delivered. Not soon, couple weeks, but hey hopefully it's worth it.

'81 Honda CB750 Custom

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
Right.. Was gonna hold my peace, but this has been pretty bad..

Ever since this thread.. MMMMmmmmm..I have had the Theme for the Movie Convoy running through my brain-bone..

I ain't going through my weekend the only schmo whistling the Convoy tune, so ..

Take That! ;)

...Have a Great Halloween - don't be going-n' eating all your candy in one go - you'll give yourselves tummy-upsets :)

..Enjoy Your Weekend Folks!

phh-ph-ph-ph-ph "Convoy- Ph-ph-ph-ph-the U.S.A.. Ph-ph-ConVoooOOOoooooYYY.. YEEEEEEhAWWW!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Right.. Was gonna hold my peace, but this has been pretty bad..

Ever since this thread.. MMMMmmmmm..I have had the Theme for the Move Convoy running through my brain-bone..

I ain't going through my weekend the only schmo whistling the Convoy tune, so ..

C.W. McCall - Convoy - YouTube
gee...thanks...I guess:roll:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
And, you wanna back off them hogs? Yeah, 10-4, 'bout five mile or so. Ten, roger. Them hogs is gettin' in-tense up here.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
The last time I remember CB radio the airways were jammed with 12 year old kids taking the i*** and interupting talk and playing tapes all over you..It was a total waste of time..I hope it's better for you..

John.

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
The last time I remember CB radio the airways were jammed with 12 year old kids taking the i*** and interupting talk and playing tapes all over you..It was a total waste of time..I hope it's better for you..

John.
Unless there is an 'app' that makes doing that kind of thing easier, I think this dude is safe :)

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
You bich! Due to Captain America's chopper being auctioned a couple weeks ago, I was just getting over Easy Rider!
HaHa-Happy Halloween! :D

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I was working for a major retail chain in the 70's and early 80's when the craze hit. For some reason the company decided to sell them in the Sp. Goods Dept (which I was a dept. manager of in one of their stores) since the auto store was leased to Crown Auto who also sold them. Everyone wanted one, but didn't have a clue how to use it properly.

The movie that really started it all was Smokey and the Bandit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6hGdPkn8Ow Kris Kristofferson followed later in Convoy if my memory serves me right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I don't know what you have planned for it, but it would make a bad @ss tracker!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
...p.s., I think we've totally derailed Aced It's thread.
We need a "Hijack Me" thread.. Saw one on a another forum.. Anything and everything is discussed on that thread.. Pretty cool ;)

But... Roving citizen's band shenanigan vans.. :roll: ...what is the world coming to? :neutral: ... :)

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
I went by Tangle Foot. What was your call name.
"Crankshaft" is my handle, Dad was "Ace in the Hole"; Mom "Home Cookin` ", Brother "Limpid Lizard",Can`t come up with Sis`s handle?
Living 12+ miles from town, the CB comes in very handy...
Mom kept the Bearcat Scanner going all the time too...

Love them "Good Ol` Days!!!

I still have the Craig home unit:D
Cetchya on the flipside,,
D

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
I still have a scanner next to me here. Back in the day I had a base unit with a 5,000 watt 10 meter amplifier. Talked around the world late at night.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts