Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 40 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Lingo aside, what a nice bike. The CB750 is considered by many to be the first "superbike," and maybe the most influential motorcycle ever. Congratulations on the find.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks all! Nah, don't worry about "derailing" the thread. That's the fun in this one, hence my beginning statements! Now, the problem is I have to get the bike her in my possession in order to have any fun with it. I'm having a bit of a snag with the seller, but hopefully it will all work out. :cool:

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
They are a collectors item now and can fetch big money in good condition.
Interesting. They can still be had for decent price here. Maybe a lot of them were sold in the US compared to Europe.
1977 Cb 750 cb750 cb750a
Edit: just noticed this one has the Hondamatic tranny, a feature which was not very well received by the public and quickly discontinued. Still, doesn't that make it even rarer?

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
And SHE'S HERE!
Little shout out to Jimmy and Debi, owners and operators of Road Runner Transport! Great people, great communication and great care. If you need shipping, contact them first - (517) 589-9126, cell (517) 607-1567, [email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
dang Scott, that's a good looking bike, I'd be tempted to leave it stock.
It IS rather nice. :D The exhaust pipes are not stock though. I had no time to start her up as I had to run to work. I'll let you all know later. Yeah, I'm ADD, :mrgreen: .

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
All I can say is ...

WOW!

She fired right up on the first start this morning! What a sound! Those are aftermarket slip-ons, not the factory mufflers (which I would have preferred style-wise), but man do they give this a "sport-bike" sound. After a complete check-thru and walk-around, I took her down the block. 1/4 throttle thrust me back, reminscent of my GSX-1000. Hey, these CB900's did about 12 flat in the 1/4 mile right from the showroom floor. I'll get a video up later, but I just feel like I got a complete and utter steal (minus shipping of course). :cool: I do have to adjust the carbs ever so slightly as they were tuned for that northern cooler/thinner air.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Not the best video (w/sound), but gives an idea to how beautiful the sound is. Going to dial in the carbs a bit since it was a northern bike. How often too do you see a 32 year old bike with the factory warning/spec stickers on the tank and rear fender? She is a sweet little rocket. :)

Linky w/sound:82 Honda CB900 - YouTube

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Sweet find, looks like its in great shape. I had always thought about getting an old car and fixing it up but now I think a bike would be better! Some of them old classics are pretty cool!

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
One thing I could not stand is the look of these two-into-one Mac pipes. Not aesthetically pleasing, and the 90deg turnouts are a bit much. And to boot, they sound just nasty (to me) ... like farting in a tin can. So I picked up a set of stockers (not easy to find, nevertheless at a decent price). But I did it. OEM on this bike just looks good. Weird that I'd say that, haha. But the sound is sweet & low; mellow but with growl. I'll get a video with sound at some point. Makes me wonder why anyone would "upgrade". Even the look of the dual twin pipes (left and right) looks killer. Mind you, the CB is just a side project while I finish up the Magna. I'm still debating what to do with it too (the CB), but I know one thing ... that seat HAS to go! It's also not stock and the passenger padding is as high as Mt. Everest. May find a stock one, or shave the foam and recover.

Before with Mac's:

After with OEM:

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
That thing is looking good! I agree the seat is a little funky. From what I can tell by the pics, it looks like a really clean bike!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ironically enough I was the shadow

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So ... it's begun. I haz ideas. It will be a simple transformation (hopefully). :cool:

Do you have any understanding how much better looking this bike is without that monstrosity of an ass pad?

Done. Haha! ;)

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
So ... it's begun. I haz ideas. It will be a simple transformation (hopefully). :cool:

Do you have any understanding how much better looking this bike is without that monstrosity of an ass pad?

Done. Haha! ;)
Now my butt hurts....

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts

Done. Haha! ;)
Liking what you have done so far, Great Work, and one sweet lookin' bike!

21 - 40 of 184 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.