Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my bike it had a dented tank. Want to get it repaired. The dent is pretty bad, dent-less repair would not fix it. Anyone local to Central Ohio with a shop recommendation? I have had terrible luck with my cars no matter where I take them.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Can you put a picture of it here? I had a dent in 1100 Spirit gas tank and took to a place that does dent removal on gas tanks mostly for Harleys but would do any tank. They were in Toledo though. After they looked at the Honda tank they wouldn't pull the dent because the Honda tanks are thicker material. Mine wasn't that bad so I stripped it down to bare metal and used the premium grade bondo. Worked good.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. That is about the same dent I had on mine. I just took it to bare metal and used the premium bondo to fill it, block sanded it and you can't tell there was ever a dent in it..It fell on the trailer when I was on the home stretch when I move back to Ohio for year. Pissed me off, I bought brand new tie downs from Wal-fart and the buckle on it was so sharp it cut the strap. I think I woke everyone up in North Baltimore when I saw it fell....ha
For my tank, black 97 Spirit I used Rustoleum Professional high performance paint and clear coated. It looked good. It doesn't hold up to gas spatter even though when I talked to Rustoleum they said it would so I am going to try the 2 part urethane or epoxy. I see where some out there have gotten good results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.