Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any riders here from central Ohio? Closest I've seen is Dayton area, which is not exactly close.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! We should meet up. What year is your bike? It looks like my Phantom, but with colors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anyone attend the weekly get togethers at Honda Powersports of Marysville? I was wanting to ride over there, but now the riding season is really over. Just wondering if anyone has been there and what their thoughts are.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I decided it was getting dark too early, and put the Avenger II up for the winter. Seafoamed the tank and carbs, got the Battery Tender connected, changed the oil, and got the tires off of the floor of the garage. Hopefully it'll start nice and easy next spring. I was so tempted to take it out last week with that last warm spell.

LRM

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lets just say I'm north of Marysville here.

Y'all putting bikes up already? Really? Did a poker run this past weekend, plan on doing a turkey day ride in the AM, probably ride a little this weekend. Until it gets and stays below 40* give or take I'll still be riding. Then it'll be tear down time.

The get togethers really weren't much. It was no bike night. I'll be there next year probably every other week or so since it's in the area. If there's a turn out I'll stay if not I'll leave. The $5 dyno runs are always fun.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It figures...we have a nice mild winter, not much snow (yet), all sunny and stuff, and I put the Avenger II up for the winter. Man makes plans, God laughs. :)

It's OK, though: spring will be here soon enough. I'm looking forward to seeing if my winterizing routine worked. Keeping the battery on a Battery Tender Jr, fuel preservative in the tank(s), fresh oil. Should be OK.

LRM

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK, I think Winter is over. I think...
Got the Shadow out of the garage, and ran the old fuel out of it.
Saturday's run: Reynoldsburg, up 605, then left to Sunbury, then west and north to Waldo (can you guess why?), then down 23 through Delaware to 270, and back to Reynoldsburg. About 100 miles on a very nice sunny day. Bike ran well. Bit of a flickering Tail Light indicator on the dash (possible loose tail light bulb), but the engine and drivetrain all ran as expected. Oh...all the old gas is gone, too. :)

I'll try and ride at least once/weekend. Updates to follow.
LRM

·
Registered
751 Posts
any events coming up? I've been out nearly everyday and wouldnt mind jumping into a group ride....

Also, if anyone wants a debaffled exhaust for their ACE 750 I want your stock piece.... pm me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
any events coming up? I've been out nearly everyday and wouldnt mind jumping into a group ride....

Also, if anyone wants a debaffled exhaust for their ACE 750 I want your stock piece.... pm me.
Check out lets-ride.com There is a list of motorcycle events and poker runs on there from all over.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts