Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up riders? I just joined this forum in hopes of getting some advise on some questions I have about my 2000 Honda Shadow 1100....
Here before winter I was having some trouble with the battery holding it's charge and it would just die on me going down the road... I've yet to replace the battery but did charge it back up this morning and it would start... The only problem I had was while I would give it gas it would die as soon as I did....
I've been told to check these trouble shooting tips...

*Go ahead and replace the Battery(which I intend on doing)*
*Replace fuel filter*
*Run "Sea Foam" through to clean it out*
*Replace Spark Plugs*

Just thought I'd give this forum a shot and see if I could find some help, thanks!
Neal

·
Registered
65 Posts
Howdy Neal!

Good riding weather is right around the corner! Where in Central Texas are you?

Sounds to me like you may have a charging system problem.

If you know that your battery is in good shape, but it looses charge while the motor is running, you may have a charging system problem. This would also cause the fuel pump to stop working and that would explain why the motor dies when you try to give it throttle.

Hope to see you out in the Hill Country by Spring! These Shadows take the twisties really well.

Check this board for riding events...

Good luck,

Charlie

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem with my 98 VT1100T a couple of years ago. I had to change out the stator. I am also running accessories (full am/fm/cd player, extra lights, amplified speaker system, LEDs) so I would wake up to a dead battery every day. I bought an aftermarket "heavy duty" stator I found on the web and installed it and also now plug into a tender everytime I am not riding..........I have now had the same battery for going on 2 years so.............I hope this helps.....

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts