Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m looking to replace my chain. I need help explaining the difference between chains. 2006 vlx 600.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah, give us a little more to work with and we can help you out.

Damian

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Don't get one of the cheaper ones from eBay. Factory Spec is a brand to stay away from. They wear out in no time. Go with a D.I.D. in my opinion. Best chain for the money. I went with the x-ring. Worth it.

Remember to change your sprockets with your chain. A worn sprocket will wear out your new chain fast.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had to adjust my chain twice the summer. It got so slack I could hear the chain making a running sound while riding. The rear sprocket was changed in the spring to 3 less teeth. Wanted to lower RPM's while on the interstate.
Want to know what to look for in a new chain. Best performance like longevity and strength regarding stretching.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Honda's come with the o ring chain, I got 28k out of the stock chain, thought I'd try the x ring, but it disappointed me by only lasting 20k, so I stick with a quality o ring on my 06 vlx.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honda's come with the o ring chain, I got 28k out of the stock chain, thought I'd try the x ring, but it disappointed me by only lasting 20k, so I stick with a quality o ring on my 06 vlx.
We have the same bike. I got 29k out of the chain currently on the bike. The o-ring type had me confused. That was what was I had concerns with. What type was bst or better for my bike. Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts