Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ya`ll,

I am sure this is might be a dumbest question around here but your shadow lover friend needs a quick advice from you guys if you can. I just bought a 2006 Honda Shadow Aero 750 CC and its time I should do the first oil change. I can easily go to a bike shop and do it but thought of just doing it myself. I have read that its a vey easy task to change the oil but haven`t done it myself for a bike. If anyone of you can please give me a link to DYI - Oild change or can provide guidelines on how to do it I would really appreciate that. I searched over and over again on the forum but didn`t get any helpful results. I am sure it must be somewhere but my bad luck that I can`t find it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its not hard at all its pretty much like changing the oil on a car . Check your owners manual and it should show you where the oil plug is. When you go to pick up a oil filter you may need to pick up a plastic washer from a Honda dealer. I'm not sure why but I remember when I had my oil changed at the Honda dealer it showed on my bill that they replaced that plastic washer. Anyhow good luck and like I said its not hard at all

·
Registered
110 Posts
i think if you go to the tech section in oilology there is some god ino on this

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome. I haven't changed oil on the 750 Aero, but it isn't hard on my Spirit. I would think they would be similar. Checking the oil is a little different (make sure this applies to your bike). It needs to run for a while and the dipstick doesn't get screwed in when it's being checked. You touch the dipstick to the case and I think it's while you are balancing the bike. I'd have to check that part again. Anyway, welcome.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if you've changed the oil on a car, u can do it on ur bike. It's the same concept. Just make sure take a look at oilogy in the tech section to make up ur mind on what oil you will be using. 1000's of opinions out there. The only thing to watch out for, is putting in the right amount of oil. It is rather easy to overfill a motorcycle engine. Make sure you look up the specs on the amount of oil to put in deoending on whether ur also changing the filter. And even then, dont just dump that amount. You need to get in the ball park then turn on ur bike for a few mins. turn it off. get ur bike up right by sitting on it on a level surface. check the dipstick. add oil or drain as necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.