Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my chaps from Jafrum yesterday. It took a bit longer than expected for them to ship but I gotta say I'm impressed. They seem very well made. If you're looking for leather and aren't in a real hurry you should check these folks out. There prices are about half what you'd pay for a "brand name" item.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I bought a pair of chaps from Jafrum and have been very happy with them.

This is the pair I bought - http://www.jafrum.com/Leather-Pants...haps-with-Cargo-Pockets-Naked-Cowhide-Leather

They are made of a thick leather and are lined with mesh which makes them comfortable to wear against jeans, etc. The sides have expandable elastic in them which makes them comfortable when sitting down on your bike.

I think Jafrum provides the biker with quality leather goods without a big markup in price. I have been happy with all of my leather goods I have bought from them.

Chris

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Near the bottom of the page on the link I posted above there are instructions on how to measure for chaps to order the correct size.

Chris

·
Registered
526 Posts
I am not the smallest bear in the woods, but the thigh size part of the chart matches with a waist size that would go round 1/2 again. :shock:

I think I am going to make a run to Lutz's leather. Its near here and those size charts are making me scratch my head. They seem to carry aout the same stuff.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kcr said:
I've been looking at Jafrum chaps. Which ones did you buy?
Hey kcr - I got the ones with the braid on the leg. They were out of stock on the basic cowhide ones.

As for size - these things are made in Pakistan so American sizing is out the window. They have instructions on the site to measure your thigh, then add an inch or two for comfort. I measured myself wearing my Courtech motorcycling jeans and came out to be a 28 - I ordered a size 29. When I got the package the label said 5XL (made me feel like Paul Bunyan - I wear a 40 in the waist when it comes to jeans). But - they fit well, are comfortable to wear, etc.

I wore them standing around at a function last night and about 3 hours today riding. I still like 'em.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I have found mine very comfortable to wear as well. I used their measurement chart and they fit great. No problems.

You will have to trim the bottoms unless your a very tall person. Its pretty simple, just take the scissors and trim off the excess.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.