Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am cheap and easy, I thought I would show you a few cheap and easy accessories.
Feel free to share yours!

Cheap and easy clock: Get a ladies water resistant watch, remove band, cut the ears off it, and mount with good two face tape. Always clean first with acetone!

Cheap and easy drink holder: Use a good coozie and strap it to your handle bar with zip ties. Use a piece of plastic on inside to keep from ripping through the coozie, and use velcro on the outside to keep it from sliding around on your handle bar. A can won't slide in and out, but a water bottle will. I use only water as you will wear it if it is full and you hit bumps.

Cheap and easy toe grab: Gives you another place to put your feet, put your toe on this non skid tape and your heel on your floor boards. Lets the wind go up your pants leg too!:D Clean your crash bar with acetone first, and try to stay off the curves unless you use narrow strips.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
These are very nice upgrades for low. It also gives your bike your personality. Very nifty.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Since I am cheap and easy, I thought I would show you a few cheap and easy accessories.
Feel free to share yours!

Cheap and easy drink holder: Use a good coozie and strap it to your handle bar with zip ties. Use a piece of plastic on inside to keep from ripping through the coozie, and use velcro on the outside to keep it from sliding around on your handle bar. A can won't slide in and out, but a water bottle will. I use only water as you will wear it if it is full and you hit bumps.
Hey oconeedan does the bottle get in the way when you make a left turn? Or it could just be the angle of the pic.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I like this idea... I always wanted a watch on the bike (hate wrist watches) but couldn't bring myself to spend over $30 on any watches with clamps.
When I ride .... time stands still.... :shock:

·
Registered
183 Posts
When I ride .... time stands still.... :shock:
haha... I wish I could have that state of mind when riding, but I'm on call for work most of the time and occasionally have an hour or 2 to do some riding, so gotta know when to be back.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I like your toe-grabber idea on your crash bars. Very nifty! Great ideas.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Some neat ideas! I got creative also with a watch, I bought a cheap Walmart water proof/resistant waatch with a velco band...Just wrap it around the handle bars between the risers and you are set! When riding alot of times I want to get all the time on the road that I can, so when I hit an intersection I can check the little $6 watch and take the long way home if I have the extra time.
Coop

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey oconeedan does the bottle get in the way when you make a left turn? Or it could just be the angle of the pic.
No problem on turning, it's a bad camera angle.

As far as quenching thirst before and after the ride, I ride 65 miles EACH way to work, and today it was close to 100 with high humidity. (I work 2nd shift).
If I don't sip along the way, I am in bad shape when I get there, with a full day of work ahead of me.

For the clock, I don't like wearing watches. Or necklaces, or jewelry or nipple rings. And hard to check the cell phone.

Dan

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I mounted a voltmeter I had kicking around on my handlebars.
It had no case so I painted an empty can of tomato paste black and RTV'ed it onto the voltmeter body. It fit like a glove!
Looks good and works good and the price was right :-D

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
You have the wrong beverage in that cup holder.

Is this what you had in mind?
My drink holder came from my uncles sailboat. It was designed to hang off of a line on the boat. I cut off the hanger and ziptied it to the bars. It's wrapped with a shoe lace because it's a bit big for a can and they rattle around.

Mike

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Free mod. Remove idiot lights, move highbeam and neutral indicators to mounting holes on bracket and move speedometer mount to bottom of tree. Cleans up the area around the bars, wish the speedometer was in the bucket like the older Aeros

·
Registered
586 Posts
i mounted a watch on the fork cap of my 83 500. double stick foam tape and some poster putty to keep it still. i just can't wear a watch and the cell is not reachable while riding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts