Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is 19, A tanker currenty stationed in Iraq. I could not be prouder. He posted these to his facebook page. on the bottom pic he is front row, 4th from the right

·
Registered
748 Posts
Very cool. I pray he and all the others get home safe and soon!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Nice scoot! Bet HE doesn't worry much about cagers!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thats one heck of a school bus looking piece of equipment behind him. Dont remember having anything like that in the 70's. I pray everyday for our soldiers in harms way. Im still in awe we are at war with a 100% volunteer military. Says alot for this young generation. Hope your families back together very soon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. He is schedule to come home in November. He really is a great kid. They were engauged scheduled to be married this summer but when he got his orders he called me and asked if they could get married before he left just in case, he wanted my daughter to recieve his bennifets. He also wrote me when he was in Basic and asked if he could ask her to marry him. This video is them at his basic gradutaion in Fort Knox.

Robertsproposal.mp4 video by edarden - Photobucket

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
He is 19, A tanker currenty stationed in Iraq. I could not be prouder. He posted these to his facebook page. on the bottom pic he is front row, 4th from the right

:shock: Bless his heart. I don't know how "tank monkeys" do it. I'd be all claustrophobic! Always proud of anyone who serves. I wish they'd all come home. Particularly that, as someone mentioned, they joined willingly. One minute I was protesting the Vietnam War...the next minute I was fighting in it. These are brave young people we have here. :grin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same here, and we will pray for his safe return home.

I'm about 40 miles from Fort Knox

We went to Fort Knox 2 times. His Beret ceromony, and His AIT graduation. We really loved the area. my daughter kept saying how cool it would be to ride the bikes down there. Before she met Robert she would ride with me a few thousand miles a year. Now I'm lucky if she rides a few hundred!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
We read somewhere that the M-1 Abrams gets about .5 miles to the gallon of fuel on good roads. Considerably less in rough terrain. Not real frugal...

Here's hoping and praying your son in law gets home soon and safe.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Thanks everyone. He is schedule to come home in November. He really is a great kid. They were engauged scheduled to be married this summer but when he got his orders he called me and asked if they could get married before he left just in case, he wanted my daughter to recieve his bennifets. He also wrote me when he was in Basic and asked if he could ask her to marry him. This video is them at his basic gradutaion in Fort Knox.

Robertsproposal.mp4 video by edarden - Photobucket
EXCELLENT!!!

I love watching women get all emotional...:eek:

Good for Robert and your daughter!

Robert: Get home safe to your wife and family, and if I ever get the chance to meet you, the steaks and bevvies are on me!!!:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts