Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful looking bike.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174614

What a deal! It seems that from what I have seen, us Canadian folks are really paying premium dollars for the same bike. Most likely this bike would go for around $11000 - $12000 here in Canada - $9400 stock.

Here are some examples:

link

IT BURNS!!!! - but wonderful to be Canadian, eh?

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Yeah, it's real. Used-bike prices fall off pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That would be one heck of a deal in the Tampa area.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a hard time beleiving that he let it go for 5, but you never know.
I would love to find a deal like that.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Try Ebay. They are not going for a whole lot more there....Watch the bids. Many go unsold due to reserves.

This one will be interesting...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120069078488&fromMakeTrack=true
his Black Beauty was purchased in May of 2006, and has only 1414 miles!! There's not a scratch or dent anywhere on her. She's immaculate!

There are plenty of extras on this bike, which include: cobra exhaust, jet kit, windshield, corbra light bar with lights, adjustable back rest, cobra floorboards in rear, floorboards with heel/toe shifter, leather like quick-release lockable saddle bags.

I'm having to sell her because I'm in the process of building a new home. I paid close to $12,000 for the bike, and I'm willing to part with it at a great price!

Last bid three days ago. For $6500.......ends tomorrow.
I'm guessing he does not get close to his reserve.

$12000? for a VTX 1300? The seller r e a l l y liked that bike and some Honda Sales Rep Really liked him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Big Al said:
Shaweet looking bike there Big Al. I love the old school bobber look

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
I gotta believe that $12k included all the mods and a hand job. The 1300 is *actually* worth much, much less, in any trim or condition.

·
Banned
4 Posts
IM guessing its the guys family's surname is Bidder.

The market is speaking loud and clear. I'm beginning to think the guy that got $5K for his was darn lucky if the Ebay bike don't get bid past $6500.

·
Registered
612 Posts
BadX said:
Big Al said:
Shaweet looking bike there Big Al. I love the old school bobber look
Thanks, It's been a work in progress for a while. Just a couple of other things I'd like to do with it.

I don't know what age you are, but when I lived in Jacksonville in the late 80s' we listened to a punk band from Hickory called "The Big Kids". They were great.

·
Registered
932 Posts
When I see dealers selling a brand new 2006 VTX 1300 for "SPECIAL Brand New 2006 VTX1300S6 Only $7083.00 Call for details."

at http://www.southernhonda.com/

Then it is probably hard to ask too much for a used one.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
ShadowDave said:
When I see dealers selling a brand new 2006 VTX 1300 for "SPECIAL Brand New 2006 VTX1300S6 Only $7083.00 Call for details."

at http://www.southernhonda.com/

Then it is probably hard to ask too much for a used one.
*nods* When the volume dealers sell the VTX1800 for the same prices as MSRP for the *******ized 1300 version, it just makes more sense to bypass the little one and get the good one.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Prices

Bikes are cheap and plentiful, patience is the issue. Decide on what you want, accessories and how much you want to pay. Within 4 weeks you can find exactly the bike you want if you look at all available resources. Don't settle for less. I am shocked by the price some are willing to pay, especially for new bikes, when there are 1000's of gently used late models for a fraction of the cost. I bought my '04 Kawasaki 1600 Classic, fully accessorized (pipes, bags, highway bars, sissy bar, windshield, Power Commander III USB, flawless condition, 6025 miles for $5500. There are many great deals... be patient! As a general rule, a three year old bike loses 50% of it's value.
We are shopping for another bike for my wife at the moment. i will let you know how it comes out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OMG - that is a crazy price ...............
Even being in Canada ( BC ), I would have jumped on that bike like a Fat kid on Smarties had I seen it.

Still Looking.................................

·
Registered
310 Posts
Real World

Here's a real world sale for today.
Kawasaki 900 Classic, 596 miles sold for $5001 on ebay today. A new (almost) 900 for 5K is a darn good deal.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Forget all them new bikes....just picked me up a shadow for $250 bucks. 33,000 miles and bike looks great. All I had to do was pull the right case cover off, put the shift linkage back together and off I went. Bike cruises at 85mph all day long.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts