Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I removed my VT500 carbs for cleaning and now when I've replaced, the choke cable has play on the close position and the engine races. It appears that the dividing junction does not hold the cables secure so you can push the cable back out. The free ends of the dual end only retract. You have to pull them to extend. The spring on the valve stopper isn't long enough to pull the cable ends all the way out. How are these supposed to work?

·
Registered
39 Posts
It appears that the dividing junction does not hold the cables secure so you can push the cable back out. The free ends of the dual end only retract. You have to pull them to extend. The spring on the valve stopper isn't long enough to pull the cable ends all the way out. How are these supposed to work?
I'm having a little trouble following what your problem is since I don't understand your terminology, but I'll give it a shot.

If the dividing junction is point where the cable is held in place on the side of the engine, you need to tighten the nuts on either side of that support. That will secure it in place. The nuts should spin freely on the threaded barrel. (The right hand nut is not attached to the ferrule on the long side of the cable, but may seem to be if it is tightened up against it)

If this doesn't solve your problem, you'll need to explain the it a little differently. (I think that is why you have no other responses yet)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.