Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What rubber boot? Mine appears to be hard plastic with a snap ring behind it?? and further behind it looks to be about a 12 or 13 mm nut. How to adjust?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
712 Posts
*** Yes, that that little plastic tension adjuster under the rubber cover does work - BUT! - it will Not last long, and will quickly start slipping and not hold the choke out at all again.
So, I tightened it again and the plastic stripped and split - becoming useless in holding the choke on again...

The simple fix - I keep an alligator clip on a zip tie that keeps my cables together just so I can clip it on the choke shaft to keep the choke on in the position needed to let er warm up in the morn...
Hey, it works! Holds the choke right where i clip it as I pack up the bags & b4 ride stuff...
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive design

The pics greatly magnified but does show where i keep it, and its always handy!
Plus, its always handy to have a Clip handy for various, miscellaneous reasons...

Don't twist that little plastic adjuster cap Too tight! - it splits very easily.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*** Yes, that that little plastic tension adjuster under the rubber cover does work - BUT! - it will Not last long, and will quickly start slipping and not hold the choke out at all again.
So, I tightened it again and the plastic stripped and split - becoming useless in holding the choke on again...

The simple fix - I keep an alligator clip on a zip tie that keeps my cables together just so I can clip it on the choke shaft to keep the choke on in the position needed to let er warm up in the morn...
Hey, it works! Holds the choke right where i clip it as I pack up the bags & b4 ride stuff... I didn't even turn it a 1/4 turn and it seemed like it tightened up.
View attachment 302382
The pics greatly magnified but does show where i keep it, and its always handy!
Plus, its always handy to have a Clip handy for various, miscellaneous reasons...

Don't twist that little plastic adjuster cap Too tight! - it splits very easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts