Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo, I'm Chris, I'm 18 and entering college at University of Maryland College Park in less than a week.

I've been riding a few months on an '86 Shadow 500 that currently isn't working (I've searched these forums for help and have found a lot of things to try, but nothing's worked so far) As soon as my account is fully activated I'm going to post a detailed write-up in Technical Discussions.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud! nice to have another young'un aboard. i'm 20. good luck in school. we'll try to help ya out anyways we can with your bike problems!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm an Annapolis native myself, though a former girlfriend lived in Montgomery County so I'm familiar with the area.

I posted a picture in another thread, though it's from before I bought the bike and it looks a bit different now (temporarily removed windshield, ditched the handlebar tassels, etc)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm 15 minutes from Annapolis. Hit me up if you're looking for someone to ride with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it running! It was a corroded electrical connection (to ground) that was solved by cleaning it up with sandpaper and greasing it. I am extraordinarily happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.