Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order a chrome drive shaft cover for my 1100 and I was just curious if yall would recommend the Show Chrome cover or the Cobra cover? I've never seen either one in person so I'm curious who makes the better part. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
8 Posts
drive shaft cover

I put a Cobra Drive shaft cover on my Aero 750, its a nice piece, it came with zip ties, but there is enough space with this piece and between my tire, I was able to use metal Hose clamps, picked up some black touchup paint and painted the clamp after the install was done, looks great, go one step further and get the Cobra bolt cover as well, I did this and it pretty much complets the combination, shaft and bolt cover go very well together. looks awesome.

Dave

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I have the Cobra as well, haven't seen the show chrome, but have seen bad comments on some of their other products.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the ShowChrome one and a buddy has the Cobra one. Both seem to be chromed well. The ShowChrome is held on with double sided sticky tape. While the tape should hold well, it's overall length is a little shorter than I expected. (1/2" no biggie).

They both look nice, but if you dont get the positioning right the first time on the ShowChrome, you'll have to use new sticky tape once you get it back off and cleaned up. With that being said, I got it in place first try.

Mark

·
Registered
539 Posts
zikzak said:
I have the ShowChrome one. The ShowChrome is held on with double sided sticky tape. While the tape should hold well, it's overall length is a little shorter than I expected. (1/2" no biggie).

They both look nice, but if you dont get the positioning right the first time on the ShowChrome, you'll have to use new sticky tape once you get it back off and cleaned up. With that being said, I got it in place first try.

Mark
+1

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have the Cobra on mine. Local dealership had one in the discount bin for $26.00 so I took it. Seems someone ordered it and never came to get it so I got it for a real good price.

Mine attaches with big black zip ties and is very secure. The chrome cover actually snapped into place and the zip ties just keep it secure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts