Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the chrome radiator covers on eBay. I'm thinking of adding one to my VLX. I see there are just front plates or whole covers. Has anyone here bought these before? Good? Bad? Easy to put on?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I fitted one to the 750, it was a PITA as the Aero std radiator cover isn't easy to remove..... And I wanted to do it right so the screws that mount it didn't rub on the radiator

The stainless wasn't the highest grade as if it is left out in the elements it does rust but it polished up OK and I spray it with a protector spray now so it takes ages to stain up.

Post 6 shows the one I got (link saves looking though photo bucket to find the pic)

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/197802-my-750-aero-its-mods.html

Can't be too bad as I ordered another for the 1100 :p

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I put one on my 02 Sabre, it was just a cover that went over the original, not a problem to install, been on for at least 8 plus years, can't remember which company I bought it from at this time but I like it and did dress up the front...........

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Another member recommended this place to me but I haven't bought one yet. I like that they are polished stainless-steel ....... no rusting.

Shadow 1100

1 - 5 of 5 Posts