Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an avid cigar smoker and would love to ride and smoke my cigars. I enjoy an hour ride to work each way and enjoying a cigar would make it extra nice. Has anyone figured out how to do this? My small windshield doesn't allow me to do such and was wondering if anyone does...TIA..samiam2

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Unless you are a chain smoker you don't have a cigar alight every minute of the day, so why not take a pack with you and pull over at a good viewpoint and relax with a cigar before continuing your ride..

John.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
a windshield to smoke a ceegar?

Lee Marvin didn't need no stinking windshield to smoke a cigar dammit!:wink:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
If you can get your hands on a cone of silence,you may be able to modify it. I can see it now. The idea is so crazy it just might work.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Uh can you say hot ash in the eye:eek:! Besides, all that wind will whittle away a cigar in no time. I like my cubans at home with a drink-especially in the summer time.
Sorry, just noticed you're in the US-no cubans for you. You must be smoking inferiour Dominican or Honduran-retch!

Dingo.

2010 Honda Shadow
Phantom Custom

This posted from my 'droid device.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Can't say I have the answer for you since I've never tried it. My favourite part of the cigar is exhaling slowly, letting the smoke have some time to linger on my palette so that I can taste the flavours. Don't think I could do that while riding.

Don't assume our neighbour's to the south don't smoke Cubans. All US friends that I have are able to find ways to get their hands on them. In the meantime I've had some Dominicans and Hondurans that I would gladly trade a Cuban for.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts
I recently quit smoking but when I did smoke I would always smoke while riding. Cigarettes not cigars. I just cupped my hand and held it like a joint to keep the wind off of it. I don't have a windshield or a helmet but it always worked for me

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
240 Posts
Jimmy's tactic works, as well as just keeping the cigar/cigarette in the corner of your mouth, sideways - when at speed, the wind blows off the ash right over your shoulder, behind and away, so to say..

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,611 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I smoke sans shield..... The wind just makes thing burn faster and the ashes fall off by themselves. I where glasses so ash doesn't get in my eyes. Have cigarette lighter installed for the Nail's, and just stop to fire-up the Cigars.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am an avid cigar smoker and would love to ride and smoke my cigars. I enjoy an hour ride to work each way and enjoying a cigar would make it extra nice. Has anyone figured out how to do this? My small windshield doesn't allow me to do such and was wondering if anyone does...TIA..samiam2
I've never smoked an entire cigar while riding; but every two weeks, I ride to a jobsite where I have to inspect a bridge. My procedure is to get off the bike, light a good cigar, and do my thing. On good days, I'll finish the job before I finish the cigar, so I'll head home with the stub in my mouth. Farthest I've gotten is about 15 miles before the stogie is done.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts