Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha the weather out here in Virginia has been up and down. January felt like May and now the last few weeks have been like January so I kept the bike put away til today.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey, slamd... how'd you like those classics? i just put a set on my spirit, too. they do rumble - maybe a little too much? hope i get used to 'em. mama hasn't ridden on the back since they've been on, either, so they'll have to pass the "her-test".
i think i'm gonna like them lots - hope i can keep em.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks sweet man. You never know what Chuck might have in his garage. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love them, they sound great when you lay into it but theyre pretty mellow when youre just cruising. I had my girlfriend on the back yesterday for about an hour and she loved the rumble.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
TucsonDon said:
Looks great!

Slamd_S_Dyme said:
I had my girlfriend on the back yesterday for about an hour and she loved the rumble.
Um ... the gentleman in me requires I not make the obvious comment. :D
What?
That we ride on 500 lbs vibrators?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cbjr0256 said:
I got's ta know.......have you re-jetted yet??????

Glad you like them, they do sound pretty good. I like the fact that you can mess with the packing to change the sound.

Later,
I'm gonna bite the bullet and probably tear into it this weekend. Any little tips or tricks I should know?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Slamd_S_Dyme said:
cbjr0256 said:
I got's ta know.......have you re-jetted yet??????

Glad you like them, they do sound pretty good. I like the fact that you can mess with the packing to change the sound.

Later,
I'm gonna bite the bullet and probably tear into it this weekend. Any little tips or tricks I should know?
Not really, just follow the jetology sticky and dynajet instructions to the T. Are you getting any decel popping right now? If not, leave the idle screw alone and see how it does after jettting.

Like any carb be gentle around the floats and be patient trying to get the carbs out of the frame...they will come out I PROMISE. :wink:

BTW how did it run not jetted- any missing at WOT?

I'll be around most of the day tomorrow, in and out but not for long, so if you get stuck give me a call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.