Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
With the use of carb cleaner or Pinesol and a manual. DO NOT clean the rubber or plastic parts with carb cleaner.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Don't know what bike you have but I would suggest you download a manual. Look in the stickies in general disc. This site shows how to do a jet replacement on a 1100 but the process is the same to get the carb out, apart, and back in. Good luck!
The Sabre Group Tech & Mods

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I remove all accessible rubber parts, all jets and adjustment screws, floats etc and soak the bodies in a 50-50 mix of pinesol for 24 hours or so.

Make sure you remove the very small washers and o-rings under the idle mixture adjustment screw. Than I blow out every orifice with compressed air. Make sure your rinse the bodies well with warm water. Than I polish the float needle seats with brasso on a q-tip.

I take the removed jets and soak them in carb cleaner. These are the only parts that get touched with carb cleaner when I rebuild carbs.

Re assemble, inspect the float diaphragms, inspect the float needles, set the float height, and bench sync. I also fill the bowls on the bench to give a good leak check. Nothin more irritating than installing carbs and having them spit fuel all over the ground...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts