Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
Just getting the bike back on the road in a few weeks now that spring is around the corner.............I want to wash my saddle bags and get them back to good condition..........they have lost a bit of their original shape due to a few rainstorms last year and I will fill them with newspaper after washing and allow them to dry back into the original shape......
Am I going about this in the wrong direction.......any suggestions would be appreciated
Krusty

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey Krusty,

I did the same thing amonth or two ago. But don't just wassh them, I had to soak mine and then I left them filled so they would retain the correct shape. Also, don't forget to get some good leather conditioner and then treat them once they have dried.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just another suggestion: There's also a saddle soap, it should do a good job. Most western store will have this. It use to come as a foam spray. (It's been years since I used it, but used it on saddles & it cleaned them very well)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shadow Kat said:
Just another suggestion: There's also a saddle soap, it should do a good job. Most western store will have this. It use to come as a foam spray. (It's been years since I used it, but used it on saddles & it cleaned them very well)
I'll secod the saddle soap. Bought it in a saddle shop, came in a little plastic jar. Cames with a small sponge. Just wet the sponge, rub it in the saddle soap paste and apply to the leather - cleans and conditions. It cost around $5 and lasts a long time. Worked well on my Corbin seat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're heading to the saddle shop, ask about Lexol NF. I've been using that for years... I figure if it's good enough for a saddle....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts