Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking into to cleaning the fuel pump filter as well. Don’t know too much about motorcycles but hopefully it can be done no problem bymyself! I was just curious how did you go abouts cleaning that? And did you have to get a new filter ? Thanks for your time

· Registered
1,129 Posts
There is no filter per say to look for outside the fuel pump assy. There is a screen set but that's 33 bucks and the pump is 110? That still does not get to the main filter and that is the pump assembly itself. You want the filter cleaned you buy a new pump. I've got my numbers from Ron Ayers.

There is no way to clean that kind of powder that moves past the screen. Dry the pump, tap the main cartridge and tell me if you can clean every bit out... don't bother I've been thru that salvage routine.

Signed,
NOLTT

· Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,871 Posts
A Keihin pump on another motorcycle in another country it does look like a "don't try this at home kids", No Smoking, for entertainment purposes only.

Yes it maybe doable and you maybe able to find bits in Asia, but for all intents and purposes I'd be Listening to The Turtle on this one. (-;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts