Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 2004 shadow aero, heres the rub. Someone before the person I obtained the bike from has clipped turn signal wires. We have poured over this bike for weeks patching and replacing things.
My question is, do the running lights have to be hooked up for the turn signals to work properly?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,410 Posts
NO but they add a measure of safety. They are a dual filament bulb so one does not depend on the other.
The rear light do not have running light unless someone modified them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are switching to LED we cant seem to find a diagram that shows us how the turn signal wires run together schematics are not helping. We need a photo of how they are all plugged together. He has made a spaghetti mess of these wires.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Isn't it great dealing with a PO's "customization"? We see a lot of that here. Hope you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes everything is great runs great I have installed a headlight. Baught it for 200.00 but we have hit a wall on the front and rear turn signals

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,571 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ramie, this may be just what we need! If you happen to have more stuff like this, please send it along. Thank you sooo much!

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,571 Posts
You could always go with something like this if you get desperate.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
@Ramie best wiring diagram ever.
@Punkyb I feel ya, went through the same crap on mine, except they replaced all my colors from the factory with a very trendy red throughout. It would have looked cool if they were exposed on a different color scheme... but, alas, I had to remove and re run about 30’ of wire in total. DIY should have an * on it, always!

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I think the best course of action, instead of facing a maze of wires AND trying to hook up LED's is to hook it up in stock configuration. Then when everything is working properly, wire in the LED's. It'll be a helluva lot easier on you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts