Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea today started out good sunwas awesome everything was going good and turned a corner got to about 35mph and watched a lady turn out in front of me to do a three point turn and well it was either say my how-d-do-dees to the front end of her beast of a truck or bail out... i ended up layin her down (second day riding since i have been back to the states).... i ended up ok as far as i can tell my knee is a little bent up but nothing serious my left leg got cought up under the bike and i slid a good distance and stoped about 3 feet from the Curb.. the bike is fine i cant see anything wrong with it... and i am sure to be sore tomarrow but all in all everything ended up ok... my boot is missing alot of the leather on the toe and the jacket and helmet are a bit scuffed and my gloves look used now heh i just thank the gods that it wasnt worse...

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Damm sorry to hear about that. Why lay it down though? I would have laid on the brakes so as to reduce the speed of my body traveling and stayed with the bike. But who knows when under those circumstances. Hind sight is easy, I am one of those who doesn''t think laying bike down is a safer option becasue rubber on concrete slows faster then metal on concrete and certainly faster then skin on concrete..

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
They just seem to be everywhere, in all States and cities.

Glad your OK. What kind of pants / jacket did you have on and did they get tore up ?

Chris

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In hind Site i think i tried to bail out and took the bike with me.... i am not to sure.... it happened really fast... i was wearing levi pants and my black leather combat boots... my leather riding jacket my helmet... i accidently left my riding gloves in Germany so while i was at walmart i saw a pair of gloves and bought those yesterday morning and i am glad i did... I didnt try to get her into trouble she was a sweet little thing (pretty cute too :p ) once i had righted the bike and looked myself and the bike over i realized that the damage was minimal the bike ended up Fine i am still riding it and only thing i got was a sore hand a skined up knee and a beat up boot... here ill post pictures for you all :D the first one is a pic from the lake right next to my dads hosus... the second is the boots i wear... the third is the damage to the right boot... the forth is the damage to the pants... the fifth is the damage to me....

so yea thats what happened.... :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I thought the rules were that if you posted pics of yourself with injuries, they had to be full body nude shots....

Am I right girls??? :lol:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
denisep said:
I thought the rules were that if you posted pics of yourself with injuries, they had to be full body nude shots....

[\quote]

Only if your girlfriend goes dow... er I mean has an accident. :lol:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Truly sorry to here that is news, it is the post we all dread, but seen as you survived, the bike could have any amount of damage and it would be a good ending. On December 22nd, 2006, I got hit buy a driver who did not stick around. In hindsight, when I first saw her, I should have laid on my massive morn but again, everything happened so fast. I went down and used my training to separate from the bike, thank god they taught me well.

Luckily, I had simply soft tissue damage and a broken right leg and am riding again, a whole lot of driving. Try to rethink the event several times over and see what you might do differently if ever faced with that again, it is a god mental exercise.

Again, glad you are fine and were wearing the protection. Since my accident, I always wear my Amortex suite, regardless of length of ride or heat. It is a little hot now on the valk though, but I wont ride with out protection.

Cheers

·
Registered
390 Posts
Glad there was no major injury.
Rest easy and heal quickly.
Be thankful for the protection of the gear.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Glad you are OK. You did a good job not hitting the car. Any time you hit the pavement and you walk away you are lucky, you did good.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hahaha i thank you all for your kind words.... my family and friends keep telling me that i need to stay off the bike for a few days.... yea i dont see it happening.. till today... &*(%ing weather.... as for nude body shots.... if you fine women want them that bad ill need one of you to come and take them for me :twisted: ...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Like Dragoon said!!!!! I went down on Nov 7, 2006 and during the healing process(now at 5 months) I can tell you what I did wrong. Legally I did everything right but I went down which means I failed somehow. Glad to hear that you are ok. I now ride with at least full leathers and a full face helmet and made my wife buy armored gear too. Sliding along the pavement can change your perspective real fast.

billp

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.