Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll

Weird question I'm sure. But when I hit bumps like bridge approaches and and such I get this clunk feeling felt from my left foot peg. I'm stumped as to what it could be. I fear it mite be from the swing arm or something but it is only felt through my foot peg, on the one side and not consistant. Any one else experience this? I'm on a 96 1100C2 ACE.
Everything appears intact, but not sure how to go about checking the swingarm bushings if so equipped. Sorry for my ingorance, just hoping someone might have some ideas.

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,368 Posts
It may be a loosened engine mount also. Look at all the mount bolts for signs of movement or rust. To check the swing arm pull and twist the rear tire in all directions to feel for play. Try to pry it side to side if you can with a large bar at the frame.
Did you check the actual peg mounting also?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, checked the peg mounts. I also thought maybe an engine mount. I'll try prying around and see if I can reveal anything. I also thought it may be a grease zerk that hasn't got greased but i've only had the bike a year and never noticed any zerks.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,368 Posts
Put your hands on the top of the rear shock mounts and have someone on the bike and bounce it up and down hard. Maybe a shock or it's bushing is transfering down the frame on the left side? Then put your hands down on the lower part of the shock and rear arm to feel for bumping. It may be hard to duplicate a sudden bump but you can try.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,368 Posts
One more thing= Check your kick stand for play and noises.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.