Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering has anyone had a clutch cable snap on a Honda Shadow Aero. Since anyone at a Honda Dealer will not admit that if anyone had this problem. I just had to replace my clutch cable on my 09 Honda Shadow Aero . I brought the old one in to the Honda dealer and the parts person saw there was a spot on the plastic caseing where it had melted on the exhust pipe . We looked at a bike that was on the showroom floor and the parts person said that there is a cable holder that is supose to hold the cable from the pipe. Let me tell you that cable holder is a big joke, there is nothing to keep it from poping out witch it did causing it to melt against the pipe. When I installed the new cable I added a zip tie to make sure it could'nt pop off of the cable holder. Personally I think it was a piss poor design by Honda of how they route a clutch near the exhust pipe where it can melt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.