Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Shadow into a local dealer for a new tire, and I guess they tightned up my clutch lever/cable while they were at it.

However, the friction zone seems to be too small now. I'd say I only get friction on the last 20% or so before the clutch lever is fully released. It's also harder to get into Neutral. Is this normal or do I need to go back and get them to check it? I'm up for do-it-yourself too.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have about 1/8th inch of slack before my cable gets tight and the clutch starts to disengage. Easy adjustment at handle bar, at engine, or both. Seems like it's a bit of a personal thing but I like have a lot of pull in my clutch, lets me ease on the power when I'm stopped and heading up a hill.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got the same thing. Took my bike in for the first 600 mile service last week and I have to let the clutch lever almost all the way out to have it engage. I liked it better before. I'll have to work on it.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
It is 1/8 inch freeplay minimum. As long as the clutch has enough play to fully disengage, then the freeplay can be increased. I did this on my Sabre to move the engage point closer to the grip. I find this much more relaxing in stop&go traffic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts