Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I've been trying to get my clutch back in working order so I disassembled it and have been trying to put it back together everything seems to be working accept the one way clutch is now moving both ways instead of only clockwise like the manual say, I've done everything correctly but I still have this problem. I can shift through the gears but the back wheel is completely free no matter what gear it is in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFCc4LO88dA&feature=youtu.be here is a video demonstrating what is happening. any advice would be great. thanks

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
I`m lost!!
Does it spin when you have the plates and clutch discs installed???

""One way clutch""???

Not sure if a problem is present by what I see

EDIT^^^
The only "one way clutch" is the starter clutch ain`t it???

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If you are not getting proper operation out of your one-way clutch then it is faulty. Could be that the locking mechanism in the one-way clutch has been dislodged while it was out of the bike.

Edited: Watching the video, the one way clutch is not what you think it is. Have someone hold the back tire still, then install the one-way clutch. It should be able to rotate clockwise when it's installed and not counterclockwise with the tire held still. If it rotates counterclockwise then it is on backwards. The "one-way" part of the clutch means that the center and the outside of the clutch (center clutch B) can rotate separately one way and have to rotate together the other way. Watch your video, when you rotate "center clutch B" clockwise the center of "center clutch B" doesn't rotate, when you rotate it counterclockwise it is rotating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts